BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
In my opinion, the key thing is the one piece suit needs to fit you perfectly and be comfortable. I really wanted a one piece until I gave into the fact I just couldn't get one to fit. I am 230 lbs, 5'10, and torso rich with a 30 inch inseam. I went back forth with Aerostitch, tried on suits and I just couldn't get a combo to work even with modifications. By the time I got a suit large enough in the body, the waist fit me like a garbage bag and the arms and legs were just Way too long. Not to mention that the price of all the alterations started to make it prohibitive.... with no guarantee I would ever be happy with the final fit.
If you have a body shape that works for an off the rack suit or you are confident you can get a fit with reasonable alterations a one piece is likely the way to go.
Didn't work for me so I ended up with a Klim Latitude jacket and a pair of AD1 pants. I am real happy with that combo. In fact I just bought a pair of AD1 lights for hot weather.
Good luck with your final choice.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hello again. I just wanted to follow up on my Aerostich adventure. Last Thursday while surfing around on eBay I spotted a used Roadcrafter for sale in my size; a 40S(short). Yippee I said to my self. The opening bid was $275 for a ten year old one piece Roadcrafter in blue with black ballistics, full armor and only one minor cosmetic blemish. I won the auction yesterday for $275, I was the only one to make a bid on it. Perhaps others that know way more than me declined to submit a bid-we'll see. Anyhoo, I can ship it to Aerostich at the end of next week for a professional cleaning, reapplication of whatever water repellant chemical they use, replace the reflective stripe on the rear shoulder, and install all new armor and have a road and crash worthy suit for approximately $510. My CFO likes this number rather than the alternative. Oh yeah, while I was in th' mood I ordered a new pair of Aerostich Elkskin gauntlet gloves in natural color and a pair of their all cotton under shorts. For good measure the fine folks at Aerostich 'threw in' a free Mr. Happy puppet. Our grandson's will enjoy playing with it. If not, Dudley the big brown dog is sure to.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Bruce, good luck with getting Aerostich to work on a 10 year old suit. @FloRider on here returned a 15 year old RC for a zipper repair, Aerostich would NOT do the repair, said the suit was too old...

Duane

21 - 23 of 23 Posts