BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just finished a 2000 mile trip with my RDL seat. It is comfortable but, after 2 to 2 1/2 hours I need to get off the seat for a break. I start getting the wiggles because my butt bones feel like are digging in.... anyone else get this?

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just finished a 2000 mile trip with my RDL seat. It is comfortable but, after 2 to 2 1/2 hours I need to get off the seat for a break. I start getting the wiggles because my butt bones feel like are digging in.... anyone else get this?
I haven't experienced any butt issues with my RDL, but the 2 to 2 1/2 hour point is often when I start experiencing pressure buildup within my bladder...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ron, I just realized it was you. Where did you go? I thought you weren't riding until this whole quarantine thing was over. Anyway, I road all through N. California this past September, spent way more than 2/3 hrs at a time on the bike and never had an issue. My brother has one on his RT too, no issues for him either. Call them and send it back for an adjustment.

Hope to see you and the group again soon.

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I first ordered a Sargent seat for my K1600GT. The Sargent seat was better than the OEM, but I needed something better. I sent my OEM seat to RDL to have it built up. The RDL is a great seat. 600 mile days are painless. I use my Sargent seat to for short trips, since it's easier to slide side to side, as you would going thru switchback corners. When I take long distance rides, I use the RDL. A good thing with the K1600GT is that the driver's seat can be easily removed, and the key lock stays with the bike, as it's attached to the rear seat.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts