BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Huh, once they were in, wouldn't you think they'd have bothered to get more than one? I'm not a thief but if I were, I think I would have.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
In for a penny, in for a pound.

·
Registered
678 Posts
those theieves deserve that bike. All the hard work and dedication it took. Plus they werent greedy at all in and out clean. Hand down to them.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Over the years, while driving home from work, I have passed a bike on the side of the highway (more than one occasion) that was there day after day for the better part of a week. Initially, I wondered if the bike broke down, if there was some sort of minor accident, if the police pulled the owner over and took him away? Then I began to wonder if it was just a homeless bike, that might need to be adopted...

·
Super Moderator
16,888 Posts
That theft is in the UK, where crimes like this go unpunished. In fact, it is unwise to attempt to stop a criminal in the act as you become the target of the police. Theft of motorcycles in the UK is rampant.

As you all may recall, the UK is where one can be arrested for singing Kung-Fu Fighting out loud.

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Theft of dirt bikes is rampant here in the USA as well. Most of the dealers around the Baltimore Washington area no longer keep their dirt bikes on the showroom floor and show them by appointment. The dealer where I bought my Yamaha WR250R had the entire storefront boarded up when I got there. Someone backed a big cargo truck through the store front and loaded 14 dirt bikes into the back and got away in just minutes after they started.

The gangs around Baltimore will ride them until they encounter some trouble with the law and then just ditch them and run - just what you'd expect when someone is riding a free motorcycle and with access to many more. Since dirt bikes aren't registered there's no way to trace them to anyone but the dealer from which they were stolen.

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
A couple of years ago thieves smashed the showroom window and stole a few bikes as well as knocking abother over damaging it at Irv Seaver BMW in Orange California. I don’t know if they ever caught the thieves. I don’t think they had cameras installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts