BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Jim: On behalf of myself and all the other forum members. I want to Thank You for enlightening us to this terrible situation. Myself and many many many many more fellow members were unaware of this because we all can spell. Sucks to be you. A thought maybe you could send an email to your lovely brother Steve he could make all of the grammatical corrections send it back. You could then post it as yours. Just a thought all the way from Canada. xoxo

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Hey Jim: On behalf of myself and all the other forum members. I want to Thank You for enlightening us to this terrible situation. Myself and many many many many more fellow members were unaware of this because we all can spell. Sucks to be you. A thought maybe you could send an email to your lovely brother Steve he could make all of the grammatical corrections send it back. You could then post it as yours. Just a thought all the way from Canada. xoxo

·
Administrator
685 Posts
I tried to edit one of my posts and a message came up that I can't edit more than 10 posts in a 7 day period!!!!! This needs to be changed now.
Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
685 Posts
Why are we NOT able to delete a post within a time period?
If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.
I understand, BUT when a person reacts/posts out of anger and writes something he wished he shouldn't have, it's there forever.
So now they just edit the post with "DELETE" so what have you accomplished?
If someone 'quotes' the post BEFORE he deletes it it's there forever regardless.
I know it's easy to say "think before you post" but the reality is...

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
I tried to edit one of my posts and a message came up that I can't edit more than 10 posts in a 7 day period!!!!! This needs to be changed now.
I just discovered it last night as I saw something I wrote...and my texting habits often roll over to other forms of communication. So I typed "u" short for "you" and it auto corrected to "I". So the whole post is confusing when the opening question is incorrect. I'll still try to correct it later. So, I share the same sentiments as Jim.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket
It really is a silly reason since;

A. The person can edit the original post
B. The quoter can edit anything
C. Deletion shows intent even if the content is previously quoted (meaning someone is retracting what they said)
D. The fact that the person who wrote the original has time to make any changes they want.
E. Everyone needs a do-over

Your only reasoning (not you, the product manager) is that deleting an original posting causes a loss of context which simply isn't true since A,B,C are still in place. So the only answer is a bunch of 'DELETE' psotings which is fundamentally the same result. IOW, the current stance is silly.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
It really is a silly reason since;

A. The person can edit the original post
B. The quoter can edit anything
C. Deletion shows intent even if the content is previously quoted (meaning someone is retracting what they said)
D. The fact that the person who wrote the original has time to make any changes they want.
E. Everyone needs a do-over

Your only reasoning (not you, the product manager) is that deleting an original posting causes a loss of context which simply isn't true since A,B,C are still in place. So the only answer is a bunch of 'DELETE' psotings which is fundamentally the same result. IOW, the current stance is silly.
You said it SO much better than I...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Holly poop: just do another corrected post case closed, you guys are really over thinking this. Hey J LUV I know you are a buddy of the 2 brothers that's why you are supporting him. Step up or at the rally I won't give you a beer. I remember things I only appear to be drunk. lol
Gary

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Oh, sweet Mary! I can't live by that rule. I edit stuff all the time. I join the protest!

And, I must say I love the fact you edited your post complaining about being limited on editing. Brilliant work there, Jim! 😁

1 - 20 of 23 Posts