BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had stopped raining an hour earlier. Third cul-de-sac rotary on my way out for a morning ride at 6 AM. Fastest two mile time I’ve ever recorded... Then I slid out at 3 o’clock position. Maybe hit some acorns or oil or just rain slick. K1600GTLE is fine because I was on my Trek!

And just at the start of Florida’s riding season! Bummer.

Broken shoulder.

Now I’ve time to plan more farkles!!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Ouch! Heal fast, glad the 1600's fine

Reactions: EpcotPhil

·
Registered
622 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I hope you heal up quickly!!

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Good luck with that repair.
Brings back some very painful memories from July.
Best.

·
Mr.Fix It
6,885 Posts
Dang, Phil! sorry to hear that. Stay off those bicycles, they're dangerous! Get well soon.

Duane

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Oh man! Never a good time to be injured. Glad it wasn’t worse and hope you heal up quickly.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
do the physio to get your muscles compliant

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get well soon Phil..

PS..

Get one of these!

Not a bad idea! My Trek was the first new bike I’ve had since college and man is it fast! Like riding a sheet of diamond! But now I have to look at the whole program and you never know where it will end up. I’ll heal - I can see that. Maybe I won’t be so stupid on wet turns! But maybe I need to reduce the risk or increase the safety?? Motocross gear? Airbag underpants? *Three wheels*??!

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys; I’ll see you on the roads sometime this spring! :)

P.S. bike is fine. Scraped the shift lever a bit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hope it heals fast.

Curious to know exactly what they did to your shoulder, is that a rod and screws?

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
**** - Sorry about the slide..... PT is a pain, but will make all the difference in recovery...

WATCH OUT FOR OAK TREES in Florida...... I have a bunch around my house and they are throughout the area... Right now they are dropping acorns all over the place and it's like riding on ball bearings... I have to back out of my garage and they can really mess up your day !

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Sorry for your injury. Just about to get over mine and back to riding in about a month.

·
Q
5,247 Posts
Not a bad idea! My Trek was the first new bike I’ve had since college and man is it fast! Like riding a sheet of diamond! But now I have to look at the whole program and you never know where it will end up. I’ll heal - I can see that. Maybe I won’t be so stupid on wet turns! But maybe I need to reduce the risk or increase the safety?? Motocross gear? Airbag underpants? *Three wheels*??!
You can go ATGATT just like your motorcycle!

Seriously though.. I love the trike.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope it heals fast.

Curious to know exactly what they did to your shoulder, is that a rod and screws?

Two breaks: clean across so that required the vertical rod; second was tendons ripped off the top of the ball joint so screws to pit it back. Docs say exercise will fix over time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
**** - Sorry about the slide..... PT is a pain, but will make all the difference in recovery...

WATCH OUT FOR OAK TREES in Florida...... I have a bunch around my house and they are throughout the area... Right now they are dropping acorns all over the place and it's like riding on ball bearings... I have to back out of my garage and they can really mess up your day !

Yup. Know them well. They shoot out sideways like bullets when you drive over with a bicycle. It’s possibly I hit them but I’ve ridden that corner hundreds of times. Maybe I’ll look more carefully or not go out so close to a past rain storm!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wow, hope you get a great physio and get back in time for spring
Two breaks: clean across so that required the vertical rod; second was tendons ripped off the top of the ball joint so screws to pit it back. Docs say exercise will fix over time.
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts