BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I used to think 10 Big Ones was a lot of dough ’till I started pricing new pickup trucks. Now, I realize it’s chicken feed. Let me eat cake. Sure, yes, I know there are great used bargains for half that much, but a private seller’s not going to give you a 1% APR for three years like Suzuki does, you’re not going to ride off on the shiniest, newest bike on the block, and you won’t have the inner warmth of knowing you’ve done your part to stimulate the moto-economy.
Read more about the Top 10 New Motorcycles Around $10,000 at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Kawasaki Z900 is a good looking bike and I could see myself riding it on short trips and refusing to stop for police that are too distant lol. Stay safe, Morgan

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I knew I would find the Street Twin at the top of the list. I bought one last year as a more local, lighter weight ride and absolutely love it. It gets in the upper 60s for MPG, too.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
hmmm, as a Buell fan (used to own a Ulysses and 1125CR) and as a fan of Erik Buell in general (had the opportunity to meet and talk to him several years ago right after HD pulled the plug on Buell), I do wonder about their recommendation of the 1190SX. It's a bike that has absolutely no dealer support. Good luck even finding any of these bikes anywhere. According to the webpage that still loads, there was a 2017 model, yet when I went to the dealers listed on their website, nobody even had a listing for EBR. Sad.

I had the opportunity to pick up one of these bikes two years ago, but passed because I knew parts would be an issue. It's a scream to ride, but like the older 1125CR I used to own, you can't putter around town on one. It wants you to keep the engine in the higher revs. For me, it would be a speeding ticket waiting to happen. ;)

-Wayne

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I've been eyeballing the Z900, great machine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts