BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Mr.Fix It
9,835 Posts
+1 Skene. They make a controller that takes about 5 minutes to install.

Duane

· Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Can anyone explain(in detail) how you can turn the top box brake light into into a running light/brake light using the Billie Brake Light?

Thanks,

Dave
A bit too late for me to provide a lot of detail....

1. Locate the positive wire for the topcase brake light that is going into the bike side of the topcase barrel connector.
2. Cut it leaving at least enough room to connect to the end coming out of the barrel connector.
3. Connect the end of that wire to the positive wire that is also used to feed the billie.
4. Ride.

· Registered
27 Posts
Skene IO-260. Works great!
Hello, Im trying to utilize this IQ-260 to connect to my flashing "Whelen" light. I don't have a clue
where to tie in to the power. Believe it or not BMW dealer could not figure it out ither $80 dollars ;(
Ive been told you can use the top box plug under the seat but don't know the wire colors to tie into.
Any ideas?

· Premium Member
1,894 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
Hello, Im trying to utilize this IQ-260 to connect to my flashing "Whelen" light. I don't have a clue
where to tie in to the power. Believe it or not BMW dealer could not figure it out ither $80 dollars ;(
Ive been told you can use the top box plug under the seat but don't know the wire colors to tie into.
Any ideas?
Wire Colors

Right Turn = Brn/Yel stripe
Left Turn = Brn/Blue stripe
Tail light = Grey/Blk stripe
Brake = Brn/Org stripe
License Plate = Brn/Green stripe
Ground = Solid Brown

· Registered
27 Posts
Any ideas?
Success! It really wasn’t that complicated once I pulled the “Skene” IQ-260 out of the equation. My “Whelen” LN3 horizontal series light had 4 wires,
1-light, 2-Gnd, 3-sinc, 12v
IQ-260 has 4 wires also. So after identifying the GTL Tail Box Brake (Blk/Org Yellow Dots) and the Ground (Brown) I failed to interface the two. So….
I broke it down to the “Whelen” 12v and Gnd wires only, connected them to the Tail Box Brake and Gnd wires and presto!!! 2 days time total ha!
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

· Registered
27 Posts
Success! It really wasn’t that complicated once I pulled the “Skene” IQ-260 out of the equation. My “Whelen” LN3 horizontal series light had 4 wires,
1-light, 2-Gnd, 3-sinc, 12v
IQ-260 has 4 wires also. So after identifying the GTL Tail Box Brake (Blk/Org Yellow Dots) and the Ground (Brown) I failed to interface the two. So….
I broke it down to the “Whelen” 12v and Gnd wires only, connected them to the Tail Box Brake and Gnd wires and presto!!! 2 days time total ha!
View attachment 172796 View attachment 172797 View attachment 172798 View attachment 172796 View attachment 172797 View attachment 172798 View attachment 172799

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts