BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking for the part number for the 10 pin round connector (red indicator inside) that connects to the top case wiring harness for a K1600B GA.
The wiring harness part number is 61128354792 but I just need the male 10 pin connector. I am removing the top case when not touring and an additonal connector would be a cleaner way to re-hook to a new rear brakes lights (motorenic 6" LED lights). Anyone know what the part number would be for this connector?

Attachments

·
Scammer Hammer
4,222 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
04​
61 12 8 354 792​
CABLE HARNESS, TOP CASE​
0.67​
1​
$297.18​

It is only available in the complete harness.

Your best bet is likely to find a wrecked K and buy the connector from it.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
This might work. You may need to file away indexing tabs to make it fit.

I've been down that road...they don't work. One of the pins for the brake light circuit are not terminated. There are 10 pins but only 8 conductors.

That being said...for the trunk cover project I'm almost ready to start selling...I designed and resin 3D printed my own. Twist lock and all! Works a treat! Any interest?

I'm Dude2020...I'm interested in how your going to cover hole left when you remove the trunk. Are you designing your own cover?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
There are 10 pins but only 8 conductors.
With the proper tool, moving a pin is but a thing... Without the proper tool it is a little more difficult, but can still be done.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Ooof... A molded strain relief can be a bit of a bugger to the self-pinning shade-tree mechanic. 🤣

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Ooof... A molded strain relief can be a bit of a bugger to the self-pinning shade-tree mechanic.
I get it. It's certainly possible to "hack" the cable. But if what something tunrkey...I've created a solution that is just that. If nothing else...I think it was a pretty cool design excercise and I'm pretty proud of how well it came out.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
I get it. It's certainly possible to "hack" the cable. But if what something tunrkey...I've created a solution that is just that. If nothing else...I think it was a pretty cool design excercise and I'm pretty proud of how well it came out.

In case it was not clear, I was agreeing with you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know this is a silly Question but could you not build a male / female connector. With wires then access the bit in between as a "T" then you are not altering the bikes Harness and it is easily plug and play as well as unpluggable.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I know this is a silly Question but could you not build a male / female connector. With wires then access the bit in between as a "T" then you are not altering the bikes Harness and it is easily plug and play as well as unpluggable.
RD....

That is what I created. A plug take connects to the factory harness. Twist lock and all. I have a 2 pin version for just the brake lights and a full 10 pin version. It operates just like the factory version.

I created it for my trunk cover project. It let's you convert your GA into a B.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
It read a bit snarky to me...
Nope. Not at all. 100% genuine. After all, how many shade-tree mechanics even know about pin pullers, let alone how to use one?

Couple that with a molded strain relief and your device makes for a much more elegant solution.

Reactions: RDeweger

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ok then those of us with top boxes can't plug in as it looks like a dead end. My thinking was to have it inline . then still be able to plug in topbox harness.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been down that road...they don't work. One of the pins for the brake light circuit are not terminated. There are 10 pins but only 8 conductors.

That being said...for the trunk cover project I'm almost ready to start selling...I designed and resin 3D printed my own. Twist lock and all! Works a treat! Any interest?

I'm Dude2020...I'm interested in how your going to cover hole left when you remove the trunk. Are you designing your own cover?

Hi Costanza,
My first step was to ID a round connector that would work cleanly, then deal with the cover for hole. I have seen some good designs on U-tube but yours is just as clean and good as any. Give me a quote on the plug and pins ( I have pin extractor and insertion tools) as well as a quote for the back cover (looks to be 3-D printed). Thanks for the information and pictures.
I was looking at adding 6" LED brake and license plate lights from Motorenic to hook up to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is the top case, 10 pin circular connector, pin readout that I mapped out for my K1600BGA. One should always re-test/re-verify connections before changing wiring. Pins numbers are marked on both male and female connectors, just need a good light and magnifier to see them.

Pin 1 is Ground
Pin 2 is Positive Voltage to the charger port inside the case. 12V
Pin 3 is taillight (9.5V) then 12V for brake light when brakes are applied.
Pin 6 is cargo lamp inside case 12V
Pin 7 is radio amplifier 12V (warning do not put ear down into seat hole with radio left on and case opened when testing this connection, almost blew my eardrum out)

Pin 9 is Case Lock Positive Voltage
Pin 10 is Case Lock Ground

10 pin Male connector part Number is PA-46GE-30
10 pin Female connector -- Buy them from Costanza (see above posts).

·
Registered
2 Posts
RD....

That is what I created. A plug take connects to the factory harness. Twist lock and all. I have a 2 pin version for just the brake lights and a full 10 pin version. It operates just like the factory version.

I created it for my trunk cover project. It let's you convert your GA into a B.

Are you interested in selling a 2 pin version? I’d love to have one for my GA.

·
Registered
2022 K1600 GTL & 2022 R1250 GSA
17 Posts
That’s a great hack. I would like to connect a flash to pass garage door opener to the central locking button. So do you have a T connector that can go between the top case connector and the bike. This way I don’t have to tap a line and everything looks plug and play. Very interested in purchasing one if you can make me one. Thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts