BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
K1600GTL
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride fairly often without the top case installed. A few weeks ago I noticed the rear rack has some vertical play. After looking a bit closer, it turns out a couple of screws appeared to be missing. These are the rear most mount screws for the rack. The parts guy told me they mount from the bottom so I started looking for a way in. I found 4 screws under the rear fender and removed them thinking that panel would come off and let me access the screws I'm chasing. Problem is, once removing those screws, The rear most panel while getting really wobbly and loose, seems to still be firmly attached. Can anyone offer any advice here?

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
After removing those 4 screws (under the fender) the fender is still captured by plastic hooks. Push it forward and it should come right off. Maybe it moves back but one way or the other it will come off allowing you access to those rack screws.

·
Registered
K1600GTL
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You nailed it Arizona Jim. A gentle nudge forward, the panel came off and the "missing screws" fell out onto the floor. If only the dealership would return hardware.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts