BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I will be needing some soon, I spent some time trying to source these through my offshore electronic suppliers. I got the first samples in today and they scanned fine and married to my K1600 fine. I have samples from a second vendor that will be here next week. Once I get those checked out, I'll order some quantity of them to have on hand. I know the ones from BMW are really high. I should be able to sell these for $40 each two for $75 (free shipping in the US). If anyone is in dire need of a set, PM me and I can let the first sample set go. I'll include each unit's scan ID so you can just type them into your GS911 to pair them with the bike (you won't need a TPM activation tool).

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
You may not be aware but those identical sensors are available on AliExpress for $13 each with free shipping.

I bought a pair that arrived last week. Several on the forum have purchased them and reported they work correctly.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! Buy them, wait a month to get them, hope they work, hope the batteries not 90% depleated etc. The ones I have are known good, tested and serialized.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Two innocent questions:
1/ How do you know your sensors are not from the same source?
2/ How do you know the batteries in your sensors are not 90% depleted

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been the owner of a company that does electronic design and manufacturing for 25 years now. I know my sources... I don't know yours.
There is no way to know battery status other than mfg date. My source says they're good and I have no reason to doubt it.
Look, I was just offering up a way for guys to get sensors at a decent price that they know are tested and good. If you or anyone else wants to get them elsewhere, that's fine, have at it. I'll stick with what I have confidence in.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
The carbon fiber wheels I bought a few years ago required a different TPMS; e.g. 'old style' like on a GS. I went to eBay to save a few hundred dollars. I could have gotten $15 TPMS but they didn't come with the ID #. You don't necessarily HAVE to have the serial for programming, just riding the bike 'should' wake-up the sensor. But this doesn't work all the time. If they don't wake up you'll need a special electronic tool for the job. @Qbird66 has one. But for $60 each I found a distributor selling TPSM with the ID # which I bought. With a GS911wifi you program the bike's system to read the TPMS thus negating the requirement of the TPMS to 'wake-up'.

If I needed a TPMS today I'd gladly pay $40.00 for one that came with the ID#.

Duane

·
Registered
104 Posts
The tool to wake up the sensors are about 15.00 on Amazon. Bought sensors from ebay for 15.00. Did take about 30 days to receive them. Wasn't in a rush. 30.00 all in.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Just sent a PM. Rear TMP sensor gone bad...:(

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Now the question is, will my local BMW dealer replace the old one with the "new" one I provide when i have them change tires??

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm as "frugal" as anybody and don't really like to pay $1.25 for something I can buy for $0.99, but there is a lot to be said about just how much my time is worth. If I am only buying 1 or 2, it is definitely worth paying for the QA/QC.

·
Premium Member
1,085 Posts
I tried two different vendors from AliExpress and one from eBay. None of the TPMS arrived after 45 days (each) but each vendor said they were on the way. Tracking information showed that they were returned to the seller after 2 days. The vendors had promised they sent them but they never arrived and I never got a second tracking number. I did get my money back, but that wasn't really the point! I went to Amazon (vendor was Nana-Auto) for ~37.00 each and I had those two new sensors the next day. Now to find the pins so I can mount them into my spare set of rims and get some fresh rubber on them for the up coming season. I won't do the AliExpress thing again. Huge waste of time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts