BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K1600B Black
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there a way to turn off that traction control on the 2022 K1600B?

--------
Never mind DTC off works now, well mostly, didn't work when unchecked still kicked in, will mention that at the next service.

·
Registered
2022 K1600B Black
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a way. I believe it's under Settings. Assist. DTC.
Yes thanks. Mine just didn't work right appeared to needed some "jump starts". After turning the engine on and off a couple of times by leaving the DTC off it appears to work now, not engaging the anti-slip anymore so far.

·
Premium Member
8,178 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
11,951m
I had the same issue! I turned off TC and there was still some intervention. Glad to hear I'm not crazy. I'll try again and do some rolling burnouts.
Have a buddy hold your beer and video you. :p

·
Registered
2022 K1600B Black
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Worst of all is every time the bike is turned off the DTC defaults to ON again, what a joke. Is there a way to pernanently turn that TC off?

as in... more power to the pilot like the ability to ride in wet grass, ability to start on and control ride on a dirty dusty road stretch like a pre-asphalt area, ability to shortcut through a leafy range, ability to ride on gravel, ability to ride out of a slushy puddle without getting stuck - or light mud like close to a lake bed, ability to perform a quick u-turn on a narrow road, ability to warm up the rear tire via burnout for improved traction to cash out on a race, ability to hear and smell the tire smoke, or just to show off.

·
Registered
2022 K1600GT
42 Posts
I do most of that except for the wet grass and mud. You don't need TC off for most of the riding scenarios. Dynamic gives you a long leash, you can still let it hang out on corner exit. I keep button 3 set for the Assist page for a quick off if needed, but haven't found myself reaching for it. Dynamic works great in gravel and everything else.

·
International Man of Mystery
4,210 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
13000 km
the on/off logic is identical to most cars. Ignition off, system defaults to TC on. There is a reason for this I guess but it escaped my memory..........

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,497 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
I think the reasoning is it's a safety mechanism. The driver may forget to turn it back on. The driver getting into the vehicle may not be the same one that turned the safety device off. Better safe than sorry is the "logic" I'm guessing. There are reasons to turn of the TC, and these are typically transient or temporary. If an owner wants them off all the time, it will have to be selected at every start. It's a little bit "nanny state-ish" certainly. But I believe the majority of owners do not want to have to go through a check list of safety features and activate them individually when they start the vehicle.

·
International Man of Mystery
4,210 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
13000 km
  • Haha
Reactions: st13phil

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,497 Posts
2022 MI/KM: