BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for posting the technical bulletin. I was in the market for a new BMW K1600GT, and was interested in the end of year discounts, but I'm having second thoughts about buying a new bike that has to have a dealership crack open the transmission to replace parts. I generally don't trust dealerships to do anything.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
order a new one from the factory and you are all set.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
For what it is worth I would take a huge discount as a bonus and get the bike I want.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes, I could, but I was motivated by the 2019 model year closeouts.
I have to admit when I bought R1250RT as it was on the BMW campaign discounted price. The GTL was also on a campaign discount of $3,000.00 AUD then the dealer principal looking after me by back trading a New week old R1250 RT that was a nice bike except that I could not ride it without pains in the neck, shoulders and massive headache due to the ergonomics of the bike. I just finished paying for the first service and mentioned to my dealer principal about the issues I was having. I told him, I should have bought the GTL and I could have bought that as it was also on a BMW Campain discount. Both bikes were on that discount helped me not lose a lot of $$$$$$ by changing over to the GTL. He looked at what he could do for me called me saying he would take another $3,000.00 AUD off the bikes price as a loyal customer along with the number of bikes I have bought from him. I pushed for the reverse but that was optional extra costing $1,500.00 AUD on the 2019`s. ;):unsure: I was not happy paying that full retail price for the reverse. after some more chatting, he worked on the best he could do with some assistance from the BMW rep. and came back to me saying the reverse added would cost me just on $500.00 with that assistance. If I were to by the same bike now close to 6 mths on, it would cost me close to an extra $7,000.00 AUD, given the bikes are no longer on the BMW campaign discounted prices. Now the new 2020 models come with reverse as standard. I was happy with that deal and my dealer principals assistance to end up with a 2019 GTL that saved me a lot of $$$$. Just sad that when I paid and ordered the bike the Stop Sale was announced the next day but he also loaned me an older GTL. on the understanding that the bike would not be delivered until around November or January when BMW could work out a fix and get the parts, they needed to do the Stop Sale/recall. Moving forward it has been close to 6 months on, I am now at the pointy end of that and should have the bike registered and on the road by the first week in March. I could have had another technician work on the bike before that but wanted the guy that had the most experience with BMW. Sadly he broke his leg, the reason for the delay. If he's not back to work by Tuesday next week the workshop manager and one of the other Technicians will work on the bike to get it done and delivered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I ordered a new 2020 today, I don't think I'd get much off the BMW suggested retail price. From what I've observed, I could get about $4k to $5k off a new 2019 model, but that comes with the trans recall work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts