BMW K1600 Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1275 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do dealers make money or lose money fixing these bikes?
It all depends on the time they give you to make the repair & how good and fast the tech doing the repairs. The first one or two will most likely be losers until the tech or techs get up to speed. If the factory says 5.7 hr that’s what you will get paid for. Anything over that is on the dealers dime. The factory will most likely have this Product Improvement that includes the time it takes from removing body panels, draining oil ,tear down ,install new parts etc. Unless the dealer had a good story as to why it took longer the factory will not pay for the overage of labor time.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Lose money.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
My new bike is at the dealership and I'm still circling around the BMW airport in a holding pattern. Hope I have enough fuel in the tank. :)

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
my dealer called me today to let me know they have everything they need to do it. Unfortunately they do not have pick up and delivery so just need to figure out when to give up a day of riding to get bike in. They told me it would take 6 hours. I am 3000 miles away from needing the 18K service so debating whether to just wait until then and get all done at the same time..

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
my dealer called me today to let me know they have everything they need to do it. Unfortunately they do not have pick up and delivery so just need to figure out when to give up a day of riding to get bike in. They told me it would take 6 hours. I am 3000 miles away from needing the 18K service so debating whether to just wait until then and get all done at the same time..
Congratulations! If you think you'll hit close to 18k within 2 months I'd wait. Nothing says you gotta hit 18k to have your service done. 500 miles or so early would not matter in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm guessing you're in South Dakota. Good to hear parts are finally getting to dealerships. I'm still waiting for parts to get to upstate NY. Anyone else get them in yet that anyone's aware of?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just dropped mine off at Oxford UK for recall work & 6k service...... cold ride back 5*C & nowhere to plug myself in on the loaner they gave me 🌨💨
But I'm happy now 🤗 Cos I can start planning my tours for springtime 🌞👍

1141 - 1160 of 1275 Posts