BMW K1600 Forum banner

1161 - 1180 of 1275 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I called my Dealer here in AZ. My transmission kit has been allocated for my bike, I drop it off on Saturday!!!!! My fix is the more extensive one. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got mine booked into Bahnstormers (Alton) for 27th Feb. They are doing the "end of warranty" inspection at the same time - mine runs to the end of March! I'm having an R1250RS for the two days that they will have my K1600. Looks like the UK dealers are getting on with it!

Old Foxy

·
Registered
552 Posts
I did a separate post saying my New GTL arrived but at least it is at the dealership and they are doing the recall fix as BMW informed them to both the dealerships and my surprise. It came in yesterday, pulled out of the crate today and should have the Recall started by early next week. At least it is in my dealership's hands so just need to wait a week or two for the recall to be done and I am good to go. That ugly guy with the hate on, is not me lol but I am not much of an improvement over him lol.
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1540.jpeg

·
Registered
269 Posts
They were telling me they are heading back to Wolvercote next week
The return to Wolvercote was originally supposed to be in January (from memory). I’ll certainly be giving them a call before setting off next week to make sure I still need to go to Long Hanborough rather than Wolvercote!

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
When to my BMW dealer today. Good news they got the tools bad news they don't have the parts yet. Probably another week or two before I get my GT.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I called the Raleigh dealer the other day. They said to give them a call back at the end of the month. They are getting parts in. They were ready to give me a slot, but they aren't sure how long it will take, so I'm going to wait. Plus, our weather is really unpredictable right now, and it's an hour ride. I'm taking a week off in April, so I might just wait until then.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What's funny ( sad ) called BMW America customer care, they told me that the recall kits, nor tools had been released and that they were still working on the update.

Sounds like they are very un-informed.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's been a characteristic of this recall so far. And mis-information, guesswork, and plain BS.

Frankly, for a company that has to run as many recall & product rectification campaigns as BMW Motorrad does, I'd expected better.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My K1600B is now in at the dealer (San Jose BMW) in Northern California. It's the first one they are working on now that kits/tools have been received. Fingers crossed.
I bought My GA there - did you get a 2nd letter from IBM or have you been chasing San Jose BMW ?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
That's been a characteristic of this recall so far. And mis-information, guesswork, and plain BS.

Frankly, for a company that has to run as many recall & product rectification campaigns as BMW Motorrad does, I'd expected better.
I agree. They could have handled this recall much better.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I called BMW Jax, and they said they haven't received the tools or parts, and have no idea, when they will. :cautious:
I hope they've ordered them. There's a reason I ordered my bike from out of state.:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
552 Posts
What's funny ( sad ) called BMW America customer care, they told me that the recall kits, nor tools had been released and that they were still working on the update.

BMW CUSTOMER DON`TCARE Australia is full of BS and is a waste of time. I would be interested to know if I took the recall and so on to the Australian Consumer affairs/ or better the ACCC and let them know that BMW are releasing defective bikes to the dealerships and expecting the dealers to fit the issue. Then to see what sort of action would happen as it is illegal for any manufacturer here to sell or release a defective bike or car under and recall let alone a Stop Sale then expect the dealerships to fix their problems and find the resources to do BMW`s dirty work.

·
Registered
281 Posts
2020GTL.....

My UK Dealer contacted me to confirm my Factory Order 2020 is due for delivery within 1-2 weeks. There is no recall work required as bike comes with updated gearbox/transmission.

Whether the gearbox is assembled with updated parts and fitted during bike assembly or re-fitted with updated parts by gearbox supplier before being factory fitted - who knows?

In reality, once the weather settles down, it’ll be time to get the miles on! Let’s hope this one lasts longer than the previous ones. Moving from Ebony to Black so that’ll be a change that I’m looking forward to, in the hope that new colour brings a dose of good luck 👍

1161 - 1180 of 1275 Posts