BMW K1600 Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1450 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well, that's my K1600 dropped of at NOG for the recall work, scheduled to be done tomorrow.

Helpfully, just as I pulled off my drive the rain started and the temperature dropped to 5c :rolleyes:

Fortunately it's only a 13-mile ride to the dealer's, but as they'd sold the R1250RT loaner yesterday that I should have had, I was given an R1250HP. It's on days like this that full fairings are more wonderful than sliced bread...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Richfield, MN. I was told they are working slowly on their first three.

You know, I sure would like to change my profile picture and signature block.

Dan
That is exciting. I think I was #3 to put a deposit down on the 2019s they were waiting to get in. Hopefully that means one of those is mine. Hate to be that guy but I may just have to call today and check!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well, that's my K1600 dropped of at NOG for the recall work, scheduled to be done tomorrow.

Helpfully, just as I pulled off my drive the rain started and the temperature dropped to 5c :rolleyes:

Fortunately it's only a 13-mile ride to the dealer's, but as they'd sold the R1250RT loaner yesterday that I should have had, I was given an R1250HP. It's on days like this that full fairings are more wonderful than sliced bread...
Yes, I'm on a 1250 GS HP loaner as well and, especially in this weather, I want my bike back asap. I'm not really enjoying my loaner toy.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Dealer called yesterday (Sportland, Urbana, IL). My appointment is for next Friday. Warren said they've done several bikes now and are getting faster at getting them done.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Richfield, MN. I was told they are working slowly on their first three.

You know, I sure would like to change my profile picture and signature block.

Dan
I love the fact that you Dan are a real Man and not afraid to ride a Pink bike, then post it all over the web lol. I would take my hat off to you ;):unsure::geek:but my better half won't allow me to do that lol.:(:mad::cool:I am so glad I wear the PANTS in our family.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Update from me: my dealer opened the transmission, found premature wear on several other parts, I'm getting a new gearbox from the mothership. I just have to wait for it to be delivered and fitted. 14000 miles on the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
Update from me: my dealer opened the transmission, found premature wear on several other parts, I'm getting a new gearbox from the mothership. I just have to wait for it to be delivered and fitted. 14000 miles on the bike.
Not good, but good that it was discovered and to be corrected. May it be completed sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
174 Posts
BMW Motorcycles of Richfield, Minnesota has finished and tested my 2019 K1600B GA. Just have to ship it 1,500 miles and then I can change my friggin' picture and signature block.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So was your GA the Blue one that was sitting on their showroom floor?
I believe it was. Listen very carefully..... If I find out you stuck gum under the seat I'm going to go all Liam Neeson on you. I have special skills you know!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I believe it was. You didn't stick any gum under the seat did you?
When the salesmen wasn't looking I stripped down to my assless chaps and just sat on it for a while pretending I was riding!!!! ;)

It looked really sharp and I was disappointed they wouldn't sell it to me. After looking at a few I decided to go with a Black on instead but the Blue is beautiful too. It was a tough decision.

·
Registered
677 Posts

My dealership has loaned me a bike since I ordered the bike almost 6 months ago, they did the 50,000 klm. service, put a new rear tyre on the bike and then 12 mths rego. I am a happy chappy and feel so lucky I have been looked after by them. Excellent service and so grateful to just have loaner regardless of what make or model but this one is a 2012 GTL when so many do nothave this pleasure of being able to at the least have a bike to ride.

·
Registered
174 Posts
When the salesmen wasn't looking I stripped down to my assless chaps and just sat on it for a while pretending I was riding!!!! ;)

It looked really sharp and I was disappointed they wouldn't sell it to me. After looking at a few I decided to go with a Black on instead but the Blue is beautiful too. It was a tough decision.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You're in luck. I have a RDL with backrest ready to mount on it. Good to know that the seat has been "Howard Wolowitzed" though. I'll keep that to myself if I try and sell it on ebay. You've already ruined any chance of selling it on this forum.

1201 - 1220 of 1450 Posts