BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts
So I stopped in to my local dealer as I was in the neighborhood for a work errand today. I wanted to price extended warranty costs/packages, etc. I have a year before my factory warranty is up and I procrastinate in so many things, might as well shoot for the stars preparing for the inevitable.

Since I was there I went downstairs to the service center to discuss the recall. They have performed one recall service on a new bike so it could be delivered. They are waiting on parts kits. They expect one about every 3 weeks. And they have about 45 bikes to do. That’s about double the number that I would have guessed/expected. So if the kits don’t arrive more quickly it could be a couple years to get the bikes all done. I confirmed I was on the list. He said they are going to randomly select bikes for the work to be fair to all the K riders. I only wonder which happens first...this thread hitting 2000 posts or my bike getting repaired.

I hope to get out and ride a little this weekend and maybe a good ride a week from Sunday.

41 - 41 of 41 Posts