BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 k1600 GTL with 6k miles. It’s been at GOAZ in Scottsdale, AZ for 3 months with a broken transmission. It’s the recall issue, except mine is actually broke. The unit has been taken apart, but the service guys are telling me they have not been able to get the special tools from BMW to repair it. They don’t have any idea when they will get them, but advised that it will probably be awhile. I think the dealer is doing the best they can. The issue seems to be with BMW.

It’s been 3 long months already. Any suggestions on how to get this resolved? Has anyone been successful with using their state vehicle lemon laws to get compensation or get the bike replaced?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just dropped mine off at Chicago Motoworks. They told me 2 weeks. We will see. 3 months is crazy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was contacted last week by the service manager (James) at Iron Horse Motorcycles in Tucson, AZ... they have the tools and parts to perform the required transmission recall on my '19 GT Sport. It appears that in-house bikes (those on the sales floor) were addressed first... now they're addressing customer bikes.

I have an appointment for next week... the job will take one day (7-8 hours based on his estimate). Plan to drop the bike off the day before and pick it up the day after.

Best service department in Arizona...

Bottom line... at this time, dealers should now have everything they need to get your bike addressed... no more excuses...

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Just picked up my repaired bike yesterday March 10 from Portland OR BMW dealer. My bike is 7th to be repaired, they are now cranking out one repair per day, have 4 more bikes currently in the queue. No issue now with obtaining parts. None of the repaired transmissions have shown any signs of unusual wear. Went for two hour ride on repaired bike and it performed flawlessly. I’m now happy.
Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts