BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how here in Straya we have all
20201015_163140.jpg
the crazy 'Big' things, the Big Marino the Big Tea bag, the Big Shoelace etc. well I slipped out to the Big Trout this morning, it's only 50ks from home on a nice open winding road at around 1000m altitude, for a cuppa in the sun. Most of you will probably know where it is, Donna certainly will. Only a mini fang but still worthwhile.
Baz

·
Preema
1,048 Posts
Yup, know it well... great run up to Khancoban and back home via Thredbo from there...
Or the Snowy run to Tumut. My favourite roads.

·
Upside Down
1,632 Posts
Adaminaby, lol Now some history for our overseas members. Adaminaby is a small town near the Snowy Mountains north-west of Cooma, New South Wales, Australia, in the Snowy Monaro Regional Council. The historic town, of 301 people at the 2016 census, is a trout fishing centre and winter sports destination situated at 1,017 metres above sea level.
I am sure we all will sleep much better now we all know that bit of useless info lol :unsure:

·
International Man of Mystery
3,481 Posts
And no chick(en) strips.....

·
Upside Down
1,632 Posts
OMG , You make it had I thought I should place a before and after crashing photo. I won't mention the long wait ahead until the shipping companies are going to start shipping parts back into our wonderful country so, once February 2021 comes around as I am expecting my bike might have the parts needed for the repair by then I will update the photos.
IMG_0019.jpeg
IMG_0380.jpeg
IMG_0392.jpeg

·
Preema
1,048 Posts
You’re forgiven, I’m looking at getting me one of those as well :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well thankyou dear.
I love the gravel back roads (of which there are many in my area) no noise no peeps, awesome. You may find the 1200 a bit tall but there's plenty of adventure bike options out there. We may have to play 'where's wally' with my pics 😬

·
Upside Down
1,632 Posts
Had another ride today, as I do most days if I can. Wonder if I'll cop a whoopin for posting a GS pic on this forum, shhh, keep it just between us 👍😁 View attachment 146732
Is that Lake Jindabyne in the background ???? Great photo and bike too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey everyone. Thanks for sharing. Have a weekend mid November for a ride in this area. So has sparked up a little more excitement for planning roads to explore etc. Brad.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts