BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 507 Posts

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
Adaminaby, lol Now some history for our overseas members. Adaminaby is a small town near the Snowy Mountains north-west of Cooma, New South Wales, Australia, in the Snowy Monaro Regional Council. The historic town, of 301 people at the 2016 census, is a trout fishing centre and winter sports destination situated at 1,017 metres above sea level.
I am sure we all will sleep much better now we all know that bit of useless info lol :unsure:

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
OMG , You make it had I thought I should place a before and after crashing photo. I won't mention the long wait ahead until the shipping companies are going to start shipping parts back into our wonderful country so, once February 2021 comes around as I am expecting my bike might have the parts needed for the repair by then I will update the photos.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport Wheel
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Headlamp Motorcycle fairing

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
I hope to have my bike back by January and if so would love to work with all of the Australian members here in NSW. as well of any members from other states to meet up someplace down around the Snowy region and have a weekend riding to get to know each other and some great rides. Before the bush fires last year and then good old Covid shutting most of us down I wanted to go down to Albury, Bright then across the alps road to Omeo, Lakes Entrance then up the east coast. Something we might be able to organize over the next few months or plan on doing later in 2021 after the snow season. Any thoughts?? Of course, this might require 3 or 4 days and allow some of the Victorian guys to join up. We could do camping overnight in caravan parks or cabins depending on budgets etc.

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
I’ll be there, for sure. Promise I won’t slow you guys down ;)
LOL, Donna I am sure you will be a front runner one of the friends I ride with she owns an Ultra when I invited her to the 2016 WtW she surprised a few of the guys from the Old Boars along the Putty road while travelling down to Canberra a few who were driving and riding instructors in the Police and Arm Forces so, I never dought the ability of a women rider to shine. She won them over with her ability to handle such a big bike.

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
Paul great photos and a nice ride, these bikes just love the open roads along with the twisty bits so you certainly had a variety of that combination. Last time I did the Oxley was from Wauchope up and westward. They were doing road works on just about every bend and in the rain too. I should add that the Pollux Metalic is so nice especially with the highlight of the sun shining on her. Thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
My issue with the GS is it is too tall for me I am to short in the legs and can't gets my little feet down enough without sitting to one side and then that allows me to flat foot, but then the angle is not what I like. So if I grow up I might think about one lol.

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
Troy that looks like the exact same spot I took a pic almost a year ago just before the bush fires. it is just before the drop into Town correct?? I love that part of our wonderful country we are all so blessed with being able to ride and enjoy so much.

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
High country in Straya turning from green to brown.
The body of water you can see is a small part what's called Lake Eucumbene, this is a 'working lake' being part of the Snowy Mountains Hydro Electric Scheme. In Australia we often measure lake volume/capacity in what's affectionately know as Syd Harbs, 1 Syd Harb is the calculated volume of Sydney Harbour, Lake Eucumbene has a volume of 9 Syd Harbs, she's a big man created body of water.
View attachment 148097
Stopped on the way home for a chat with some of my 4 legged friends.
View attachment 148098
After your chat with the 4 legged friends, I hope you Moooved on. ;)

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
Jeez Geoff, you really like to PUNish us with all your quips 🤪😁
I like the idea of being light-hearted as long as it does not hurt anyone. I have a weird sense of humour but that comes from my childhood, I hope we can all arrange a ride together get to know all of the Australian members that we can manage to enjoy our love of bikes and life.

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
Tested the kidney today, did a 120k loop through Jindabyne.
My kido was a tad happier when I switched the suspension back from Sport to Comfort. Twaz nice to be back on the big K again, just don't tell my Doc 😉.
Baz
OMG I have already spoken to your Doctor Baz. wow just go to your next appointment and slide into the chair and listen to what he has to say. :confused::cool::censored::cry:(y)
Head Finger Animation Animated cartoon Cartoon
Comfort Social group Sitting White Community

1 - 20 of 507 Posts