BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how here in Straya we have all
Fish Fish Recreation Bass Bony-fish
the crazy 'Big' things, the Big Marino the Big Tea bag, the Big Shoelace etc. well I slipped out to the Big Trout this morning, it's only 50ks from home on a nice open winding road at around 1000m altitude, for a cuppa in the sun. Most of you will probably know where it is, Donna certainly will. Only a mini fang but still worthwhile.
Baz

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well thankyou dear.
I love the gravel back roads (of which there are many in my area) no noise no peeps, awesome. You may find the 1200 a bit tall but there's plenty of adventure bike options out there. We may have to play 'where's wally' with my pics 😬

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Mr Magoo, speaking from a million years experience up there I can tell you it's way nicer in summer than winter, you'll love it, it's a really nice ride to the 'Pass' from Jindabyne as well. I rode to Perisher nearly every day (outside of the ski season) for many years.
Baz

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Sounds like a bonza trip ol mate and good pics.
Is it still (80kph) on the M1 Coffs to Ballina. Over the last 6 months I rode Cooma to the Goldy twice in the pissing rain and that section of hyway (135ks of roadworks) was all 60 and 80ks, to say it was fooking punishing is being way too nice.
Baz

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Grabbed the chance between rain showers for a quick squirt. The bike is sitting on the boat ramp at Old Adaminaby, the original town of Adaminaby was in the valley behind the bike before the dam was built and the area flooded, you can see a building footing on the right side of the pic.
Vehicle Windshield Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle

Text Commemorative plaque Font Memorial

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi Paul, yep the wind farm is called Boco Rock, runs along the ridge not far out of Nimitabell towards Bungargy, that pic was taken at about the mid point along the ridge. Often that country is dead and brown but at the moment it's bloody beaudiful. There's another road near there that runs back to Cooma through Bobundara, it's a rippa.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Hey Y'all, stirred up some dust for about 120ks today in my local area. The first 2 pics are 10 mins from home, great day for it.
C'mon Donna peel a few layers off that wad of bills you probably have under the mattress and get that adventure bike you were talking about and we'll go chew some gravel, great fun. 😆🤣
Baz
Water resources Dirt road Waterway Water Road

Vehicle Motorcycle Mountainous landforms Wilderness Motorcycling

Natural landscape Trail Dirt road Road Land lot

1 - 20 of 385 Posts