BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
2061 - 2080 of 2129 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,061 ·
If you have time to ride around Dinner Plain, look for my old place down the bottom of the village: ‘Eacottage’ 👍

I used to park the helicopter out the back, annoyed Parks Victoria no end 😇

View attachment 159329
Ha ha, knew it - reading between the lines in your message I know now that you have done a couple of Heli jobs for me at Perisher. You also flew me from Perisher carpark to Melbourne via Hotham, we landed in a golf course in Melbourne, then I caught a cab to a meeting in town.

·
Super Moderator
1,083 Posts
Ha ha, knew it - reading between the lines in your message I know now that you have done a couple of Heli jobs for me at Perisher. You also flew me from Perisher carpark to Melbourne via Hotham, we landed in a golf course in Melbourne, then I caught a cab to a meeting in town.
That’s right, and I’m still waiting for the coffee that you owe me 😇☕

Yarra Bend; Burnley Golf Course?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,064 ·
That’s right, and I’m still waiting for the coffee that you owe me 😇☕

Yarra Bend Golf Course?
At the time you asked for a warm fanta, but sure coffee it is 😉
No idea which golf course, I don't know Melbournistan that well, normally just flew in and back out the next day or so.

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GTL, 1998 Triumph Daytona, 1983 YZ250K
563 Posts
Big day out on the 16 today, out the gate at 8am and not back until 6:45pm, only saw the one little wallaby sitting on the edge of the road. More proof the roo whistle works 😁.
I really love country pubs, everyone at the commercial today was keen for a chat about bikes plus the beer was ice cold and the meals were massive. Got some ride vids to share tomorrow.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Sky

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Stanley River Road is one of my close to home favorites, unfortunately there’s a few patches atm that have been resurfaced with plenty of loose stones on top, it’s quite undulating which I’m not sure comes across in the vid and around 6:00pm isn’t the ideal time to ride it due to the possibility of wildlife.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Stanley River Road is one of my close to home favorites, unfortunately there’s a few patches atm that have been resurfaced with plenty of loose stones on top, it’s quite undulating which I’m not sure comes across in the vid and around 6:00pm isn’t the ideal time to ride it due to the possibility of wildlife.

Nice video mate. looks like a great road.
Question that might seem noobish, but here goes anywqay the screen you have on the GPS how do you acess that?? I can not seem tro find it.on the Navman i have.

TIA

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Nice video mate. looks like a great road.
Question that might seem noobish, but here goes anywqay the screen you have on the GPS how do you acess that?? I can not seem tro find it.on the Navman i have.

TIA
Thanks mate, it is a nice piece of road but unfortunately you can get caught up behind cars and it’s double whites all the way, I’m not an angel but I don’t cross double whites.
To get to that screen just bring up the green GPS menu on your dash, the first option is ‘page’ just push your wonderwheel to the right a few times and it will scroll through the various pages. I’m running a Nav V … didn’t I send you down my Nav IV surround?

·
Premium Member
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
2,148 Posts
2061 - 2080 of 2129 Posts