BMW K1600 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 302 Posts

·
Upside Down
2,172 Posts
Brad thanks for the photos love our wonderful country, we are so lucky to live in it and be able to run free.

Reactions: Magoo222

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Spent my last night at Junee, they had a fund raising for a local girl at the sports ground so all sorts of things going on including a car show and it just happens that a Can-Am 'Spyder' group were having a weekend away at the holiday park where I was staying.
20210306_184236.jpg

20210306_132703.jpg

20210306_152654.jpg

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
Yes Thomo you have, I came to this conclusion yesterday. Took my new B for a mountain ride 1st time yesterday, I’m wrapped with it.
A couple of Harley guys may have been converted to a K bike who were riding behind us.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
I’m off to Buchan today, 3.5hr ride, following up with locals who were caught in the Bushfires last year. Due to Covid lockdown haven’t been able to get back there since the fires went through.
Staying the night and ride back to Melbourne tomorrow morning.

Baz and Geoff I’m not much of a photo taking Lad, I never remember to get my phone out. But I will do my best to take a few shots

·
Upside Down
2,172 Posts
I’m off to Buchan today, 3.5hr ride, following up with locals who were caught in the Bushfires last year. Due to Covid lockdown haven’t been able to get back there since the fires went through.
Staying the night and ride back to Melbourne tomorrow morning.

Baz and Geoff I’m not much of a photo taking Lad, I never remember to get my phone out. But I will do my best to take a few shots
If we have to give credit to anyone you guys have given so much by sharing fantastic photos and I for one thank you also love them. I take my hat off to both of you for taking the time to take some great memories and share the rides you do with us.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
Goeff you will be proud of me, I got back from the 4 day ride and washed the New Bike with the Karcher pressure washer. Soaped it up and gave the Big Black Pig a good old scrub then washer her down. I got a bit excited so i pulled the GSA 1250 out and gave him a wash too.

Well i learnt alot about this new bike. " I love it " but had to tame my riding a bit in the tight roads. I have worn the little bolt things off the foot boards and bottom of the bars each side have scratches from going to hard in the tight mountain roads. Im used to the lean angles of the GS so it took a little getting used too. I was a little frustrated with the lean angles, but i understand its not what the bike is designed for.
The open roads with sweeping bends from Bombala, Delegate down to Orbost the bike loved and so did I. Lets say i had a couple of nice quick feels of the top end and she enjoyed showing me.

The Lads riding behind me loved watch sparks fly in the tight stuff, ( may not be able to ride it on High Fire Risk Days ). I think i need to see if there is a way of getting better lean angles. the foot boards and bars restrict this ( open to suggestions ) but not boring ones like ride nicely.

I did much the same roads 2yrs ago on the GSA

K1600 B is fantastic on the open roads and sweeping bends ( it likes going fast ) Sargent seat with backrest was great comfort. Easy to ride all day could have done more ks but the other riders needed breaks.
GSA 1250 More fun and alot quicker in the tight stuff. 1 wheel out of tight corners, bit more responsive.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
Did a 600 Hard Ass Challenge on the weekend. From Wodonga through Whitfield, Mansfield, yea, Healesville black spurr to Marysville back to Mansfield, Glenrowan and home 630kms approx. Here's a few pics View attachment 150416 View attachment 150416 View attachment 150416 View attachment 150416 View attachment 150416
Let me know when ya down my way Healesville , Black Spur and Marysville is my backyard. Im in the middle of the Yarra Valley.

BUT i wouldn't be eating Pies, Lamingtons and Toasted Sandwiches WOULD I BAZ. Salad Rolls and Glass of Water for me, Baz accused me of being CHUBBY and now i have anxiety over the accusation lol.

·
Upside Down
2,172 Posts

·
Upside Down
2,172 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Let me know when ya down my way Healesville , Black Spur and Marysville is my backyard. Im in the middle of the Yarra Valley.

BUT i wouldn't be eating Pies, Lamingtons and Toasted Sandwiches WOULD I BAZ. Salad Rolls and Glass of Water for me, Baz accused me of being CHUBBY and now i have anxiety over the accusation lol.
That's right Damo, you need to stick to a tall glass of fresh mountain air with a side order consisting of a stick of celery and a crouton... enjoy 😁

·
Upside Down
2,172 Posts
Damo, I had the same issue with the floorboards on my Victory and Roadmasters the reason I did not buy the B 1600, great bikes but restricted in the corners and roundabouts take the floorboards away and you can drop the bike over much more. But having the boards does allow a bit more comfort on longer trips while cruising. We all have a few compromises with bikes and riding styles.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts

Lol Im no skinny mini I can assure you... so pies and lamington for me lol
Will def let you know next time i'm looking at time off in may at this stage and looking for a ride to do.. so who knows might just pop on over :)

241 - 260 of 302 Posts