BMW K1600 Forum banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Riding to Albury today, down through Kosciuszko National Park and West along the Murray River. Will be an interesting ride after all this rain. Baz

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
Riding to Albury today, down through Kosciuszko National Park and West along the Murray River. Will be an interesting ride after all this rain. Baz
How did your ride go, you still loving the XR. Mate who was on the recent ride we did, is hunting a 2nd hand red one.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
How did your ride go, you still loving the XR. Mate who was on the recent ride we did, is hunting a 2nd hand red one.
Mate, the XR is the most amazing 'point n shoot' bike I've owned, it goes exactly where you point it, doesn't matter how bad ya stuff up, ya just correct with ease and keep moving, almost rides itself, bit hard to explain how simple it is to ride, don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Filthy weather over Dead Horse Gap again today the fog was like custard, couldn't see from one snow pole to the next, had to slowly just follow the yellow painted line on the left side of the road till I got below the fog level. Not too much rain all up though, any day's riding is better than working 😁
Baz

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
Yes I like them, just bit small for me. That why I love the GSA 1250 fun to throw around

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Ok Im putting my self out there and here is a link to a vid of the Black Spurr in Vic. Well part of the Black Spurr..
I suck at editing and when i use resolve it makes video quality really ****.
Now bear in mind I'm not the best rider I ride to my ability, which is not great either compared to some. Yes i can do better lines through corners etc I am aware of this so keep the negative to a minimum please.

Sorry if I make you cringe Donna with my lack of ability but I'm trying.
Now it did start to rain and I really hate riding in the rain but it was part of my Hard ass 600kms challenge.

It is so beautiful through there.

Her e you go enjoy if you want to watch it. :)
If not thats ok too.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Ok Im putting my self out there and here is a link to a vid of the Black Spurr in Vic. Well part of the Black Spurr..
Now bear in mind I'm not the best rider I ride to my ability, which is not great either compared to some. Yes i can do better lines through corners etc I am aware of this so keep the negative to a minimum please.

Now it did start to rain and I really hate riding in the rain but it was part of my Hard ass 600kms challenge.

If not thats ok too.

Great ride mate - Thoroughly enjoyed watching - may I ask what type of camera did you use to record your challenge?

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts

If not thats ok too.

You took it easy mate, well done. Not much traffic that’s rare.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
Rode home from Albury today, out of a 340k ride about 300 of em are bends, curves and switchbacks, fully sick 🤘
View attachment 150899
Did you fuel up at the Walwa General Store. We stayed at Walwa Cottages 2 rides ago it was a good place to stay, very hospitable . 20 riders they cooked great meals and served us drinks until we said enough, they would have kept serving.
Recommend bike groups stay there if looking for place.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Icon pro 3 on my helmet pretty good light weight has wifi so l can play back on my phone out of the way never been keen on cameras that go on the chin part
20210316_094353.jpg

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
Did you fuel up at the Walwa General Store. We stayed at Walwa Cottages 2 rides ago it was a good place to stay, very hospitable . 20 riders they cooked great meals and served us drinks until we said enough, they would have kept serving.
Recommend bike groups stay there if looking for place.
No I didn't take on fuel at Walwa, filled up at Lavington and decided to see that if I rode semi sensibly, which I did most of the time, whether I could make it home (340ks) on 1 tank of fuel, and yes I achieved that. The bike has over 4,000ks on it now and I think the fuel economy is improving. Baz

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
286 Posts
No I didn't take on fuel at Walwa, filled up at Lavington and decided to see that if I rode semi sensibly, which I did most of the time, whether I could make it home (340ks) on 1 tank of fuel, and yes I achieved that. The bike has over 4,000ks on it now and I think the fuel economy is improving. Baz
Your Pumping the k's in mate. you will need to sell it and get a new one soon.

Traffic in Melbourne is real bad at the moment ( think past public transport users are driving now, putting more cars on the road ) So i made a decision, until the weather gets bad, GS 1250 for in town riding and leaving the Big Black Pig for weekends. Only drive the Land Cruiser on bad weather days.

Im doing the Remus exhaust system this week, i will do it tomorrow or Thursday ready for a Easter spin

261 - 280 of 302 Posts