BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
3601 - 3620 of 3707 Posts

·
Called in sick; gone riding 🏍
4,933 Posts
Hey Thomo it is the us-30 drypack. My family brought that and the us 10 for me last christmas. you can stack them on top of each other. waterproof bags. I had my wet weather gear in it on the way north incase it turned wet. which it did. it anchored to the tray on my top box no worries never moved and everything was dry as.
it was purchased from Peter stevens in Melbourne via web shopping
Cheers thanks mate l was just looking at Wunderlich rear elephant bad $360 it must come with a gold bar inside it. I've ordered the rear rack im chrome so plans are some touring down south coming up, I also thought about wet weather gear, gloves, and my bike cover inside it.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
So I did a little ride this week for a hard ass challenge. Left Wodonga at 7.00am and headed for Uralla. Went through west Wyalong Parkes Dubbo Tamworth and Uralla. Pulled into Uralla at about 7.11pm and missed my cut off time by an hour.
940kms in 12hours only stopped for fuel and checkpoint pics.
Started to rain as I fuelled up and stayed at Uralla the night was going to stay at blue mountains Wednesday night with a mate. But after the rain hit at Tamworth I just headed home so 10.5 hours riding in the rain I wS a little damp when I git home around 730pm.
1980kms approx in 2 days. The OWL did so well I have been a little stiff but survived. View attachment 165301
View attachment 165303
View attachment 165305
View attachment 165304
View attachment 165302
View attachment 165300
View attachment 165299
View attachment 165297
View attachment 165298
Great pics Duane, agree with the boys about the last two though 😁. What was the cut- off time you mentioned?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Great pics Duane, agree with the boys about the last two though 😁. What was the cut- off time you mentioned?
It was a dawn to dusk ride. Leave at sunrise and be at destination at sunset according to weather app.
Missing out just means I get to ride it again or another route i chose to map out. this time I'll make it a little shorter.
Dusk was when I was at Tamworth.. not Uralla.

·
Called in sick; gone riding 🏍
4,933 Posts
It was a dawn to dusk ride. Leave at sunrise and be at destination at sunset according to weather app.
Missing out just means I get to ride it again or another route i chose to map out. this time I'll make it a little shorter.
Dusk was when I was at Tamworth.. not Uralla.
So that's similar to the iron butts or far riders? I did a couple of rides with them last one was 2008 over 1300k in a day.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,617 ·
Wet and windy night. I forgot that I agreed to take a girls football team for a training session tonight when I left home this morning.
Bugger had to ride 1hr home in the pooring rain tonight just got home 9:45pm
Soaked didn't have my wet gear with me
View attachment 165370 View attachment 165371
Bummer, a big unit your size would catch as much rain as a double garage door...😀

3601 - 3620 of 3707 Posts