BMW K1600 Forum banner
3,821 - 3,840 of 6,653 Posts
Took my younger brother out to a town called Yinnar this morning, called in to so our Dad, he had a heart attack 2wks ago. He was very lucky to survive it, he's ok now.
They put a stent in and he's recovering well.
Novice ride parked the GSA straight in instead of reversing into the Cafe carpark.
Great carving in the Main St public gardens. Carved out of 1 lump of timber
Cloud Sky Car Asphalt Road surface
Plant Wood Tree Sky Sculpture
Plant Vertebrate Toy Wood Tree

Glad your dad is ok, most the time after a stent life can be relatively normal
A few years back a friend of ours came to a party at our place and proceeded to have a heart attack when he was leaving our place (rude bastrd) his wife gave him a huge serve about his indigestion and eating too much chilli šŸŒ¶ (he is Indonesian and she is Australian) and only realised how serious it was after she had started to head for home, by the time she got him to nearest hospital he required a kickstart to the heart to get him going again in the gutter where he had rolled out of the car at the hospital.
3 years on and he is climbing mountains and as active as he ever was.
Needless to say, we consider carefully before inviting him to parties šŸ˜

Dad had the same thing, collapsed at Hospital, they put the jumper leads on him, then he got rushed to Melbourne where they put the stent in via his wrist. I had no idea they did it that way.
Itā€™s knocked him around a bit, heā€™s a big strong old bugger, and a typical stubborn Dutchman. Iā€™m trying to convince him to come stay at my place for a few weeks, nope he wonā€™t leave home he wonā€™t leave his toys.
So looks like I gotta ride down and check on him x3 times a week 1.5hr ride there 1.5hr back

Glad to hear your old boy pulled through @Damian M but the bro and his parking abilities šŸ¤¦šŸ» šŸ˜. Nice carving, thereā€™s a bunch of them in Georgetown that were once 30ā€™ trees until old mate and his chain saw got to them.
Thanks Mate

We better have a look at those carvings, as we do that home coming parade for you when we are over there.

Dad had the same thing, collapsed at Hospital, they put the jumper leads on him, then he got rushed to Melbourne where they put the stent in via his wrist. I had no idea they did it that way.
Itā€™s knocked him around a bit, heā€™s a big strong old bugger, and a typical stubborn Dutchman. Iā€™m trying to convince him to come stay at my place for a few weeks, nope he wonā€™t leave home he wonā€™t leave his toys.
So looks like I gotta ride down and check on him x3 times a week 1.5hr ride there 1.5hr back
At least itā€™s a good excuse for a ride, hit my mate Okky when he had only just had his 45th birthday, he only weighed in at probably a fraction over 65kg, thin as a 20 year old and active as a teen, first thing he asked for after the opp was a pack of smokes.
nowadays he donā€™t touch the smokes and is active as a bloke half his age.
Hard to know what caused the angina that caused the problem but thankfully it seems resolved now.
Hope your dad is better quickly and your brother becomes a better rider under your guidance šŸ˜

Casually mentioned to LL the other day that I'd still like to ride around Straya before age and desire prevents it - she quickly replied, 'I'll come' as long as we don't have to camp. My mind has been spinning since then...
What bike ? Would you go a K again or GSA
Could see you doing it on the XR mate

Casually mentioned to LL the other day that I'd still like to ride around Straya before age and desire prevents it - she quickly replied, 'I'll come' as long as we don't have to camp. My mind has been spinning since then...
expensive tripā€¦. possibly replacement may be cheaper šŸ˜

Sounds like an adventure not to be missed, Iā€™d start packing they have been known to change their minds those other halves.
A couple from Darinā€™s BMW club did a loop last year 2 up on a GS, I can probably find their YouTube journal if you wanted to see it.

Sounds like an adventure not to be missed, Iā€™d start packing they have been known to change their minds those other halves.
A couple from Darinā€™s BMW club did a loop last year 2 up on a GS, I can probably find their YouTube journal if you wanted to see it.
would have been hotels and fine dining all the way? šŸ˜šŸ‘

when we do QLD to NSW to VIC and around Tassie we will be a fair knock into the lap, might be a consideration to do the same trip and add a bit on on to continue the journey after a few years? the young fella is nearly past the schooling and the wife is near due her second set of long serviceā€¦.šŸ¤”

Discussion starter · #3,838 ·
What bike ? Would you go a K again or GSA
Could see you doing it on the XR mate
A mate of mine has just come back from the last 'Round Aust Snowy Ride' - he rode his 2017 XR, reckons it was fine and he's a much bigger dude than me, more like your size Damo.
I'd prob take the GS as it's more comfortable for a passenger. Been having a little sticky at 1200/1250 RT's lately, not as heavy and a bit more manageable for me at low speeds than the K16.

3,821 - 3,840 of 6,653 Posts