21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
International Man of Mystery
3,488 Posts
You need a front tire....bad.

·
Upside Down
1,650 Posts
Brad you will love the bike on any of our wonderful roads.

·
Upside Down
1,650 Posts
Reactions: RDeweger

·
Upside Down
1,650 Posts
I hope to have my bike back by January and if so would love to work with all of the Australian members here in NSW. as well of any members from other states to meet up someplace down around the Snowy region and have a weekend riding to get to know each other and some great rides. Before the bush fires last year and then good old Covid shutting most of us down I wanted to go down to Albury, Bright then across the alps road to Omeo, Lakes Entrance then up the east coast. Something we might be able to organize over the next few months or plan on doing later in 2021 after the snow season. Any thoughts?? Of course, this might require 3 or 4 days and allow some of the Victorian guys to join up. We could do camping overnight in caravan parks or cabins depending on budgets etc.

·
Upside Down
1,650 Posts
I’ll be there, for sure. Promise I won’t slow you guys down ;)
LOL, Donna I am sure you will be a front runner one of the friends I ride with she owns an Ultra when I invited her to the 2016 WtW she surprised a few of the guys from the Old Boars along the Putty road while travelling down to Canberra a few who were driving and riding instructors in the Police and Arm Forces so, I never dought the ability of a women rider to shine. She won them over with her ability to handle such a big bike.

Reactions: RDeweger

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Mr Magoo, speaking from a million years experience up there I can tell you it's way nicer in summer than winter, you'll love it, it's a really nice ride to the 'Pass' from Jindabyne as well. I rode to Perisher nearly every day (outside of the ski season) for many years.
Baz

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thought I'd try a little ride myself on Friday - all 528klm of it - Armidale to Coffs Harbour via Waterfall Way, Coffs Harbour to Grafton via M1, Grafton to Glen Innes via Gwydir Hwy (Gibraltar Range National Park) then Glen Innes back to Armidale via New England Highway.
The weather was bloody beaut all the way and the K1600 just a joy to be on the back of. This was my first foray down the Dorrigo Mountain and then up the Gibraltar Range on the "K".
It was "Steady as she goes Mr Mate" down the mountain with it's sharp bends & curves, but other than that it was a great ride sans my butt by the time I got back to Armidale - I was more than pleased to be off her after nearly 8 hours in total (6 hours 20min riding time)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Sounds like a bonza trip ol mate and good pics.
Is it still (80kph) on the M1 Coffs to Ballina. Over the last 6 months I rode Cooma to the Goldy twice in the pissing rain and that section of hyway (135ks of roadworks) was all 60 and 80ks, to say it was fooking punishing is being way too nice.
Baz

·
Upside Down
1,650 Posts
Paul great photos and a nice ride, these bikes just love the open roads along with the twisty bits so you certainly had a variety of that combination. Last time I did the Oxley was from Wauchope up and westward. They were doing road works on just about every bend and in the rain too. I should add that the Pollux Metalic is so nice especially with the highlight of the sun shining on her. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Reactions: Magoo222

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Grabbed the chance between rain showers for a quick squirt. The bike is sitting on the boat ramp at Old Adaminaby, the original town of Adaminaby was in the valley behind the bike before the dam was built and the area flooded, you can see a building footing on the right side of the pic.
20201101_140018.jpg

20201101_135625.jpg

21 - 40 of 95 Posts