BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
4221 - 4240 of 4402 Posts

·
Upside Down
3,543 Posts
See how dirty that is under there? How do you clean that @Geoff_3?
Mine was the same so you are not alone. Degrease it then wipe it down with grease and wax remover, get some quality metal cleaner and rag and scrub your little heart out. For stubborn pitting, you may need to put a high-speed drill with a polishing attachment. that will come up clean and look new then sometimes a little bit of engine paint will also help the rough bits. I would suggest asking Anton to come over for some advice and then get him to help you lol I know he would love that. Everyone needs an Anton and a good mate like him.
:unsure::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,107 Posts
Mine was the same so you are not alone. Degrease it then wipe it down with grease and wax remover, get some quality metal cleaner and rag and scrub your little heart out. For stubborn pitting, you may need to put a high-speed drill with a polishing attachment. that will come up clean and look new then sometimes a little bit of engine paint will also help the rough bits. I would suggest asking Anton to come over for some advice and then get him to help you lol I know he would love that. Everyone needs an Anton and a good mate like him.
:unsure::rolleyes:
Thanks Geoff, thought it would be easier to diagnose if it was on its side 😁👍

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,107 Posts
What happened here Darin? Just got home and seen this, lol.
Hope no damage, strange to drop it that side
No bud, was on soft grass, side stand started sinking, thought it was a better idea to put on centre stand, tilted it to far 😂
No damage just got away from me on the soft surface

4221 - 4240 of 4402 Posts