BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
4401 - 4420 of 4727 Posts

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
I have not been happy with the final finish of my exhaust cross pipe and the Y section just before and underside of the cat, so I finally got off my arse and touched them up today with some exhaust paint and also I redid the centre stand. Some before and after photos. To Keep Darin happy I will try and put some info about what it the before and what is the end result photos lol.
Cross flow pipe before cleaning looking back towards the cat and rear wheel.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Tire

After the cleanup of the cross-flow pipe, but still not happy with the finish.
Hood Automotive tire Tire Bumper Automotive lighting

The Y section from under the cat,
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Crankset Vehicle

The last 3 photos of the end result after the touch-up with the exhaust Paint and bottom of the engine and center stand. I have to say it is not perfect but looks so much cleaner. I need to allow them to dry before cutting them back and polishing them.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior Automotive design
Leg Musical instrument Automotive tire Asphalt Tartan
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Aircraft

Darin, I hope these are ok as I did not push the bike onto its side to do this and had to lay on my back to do this with limited room, should I have laid the bike on its side with would have been so much easier. :unsure::cry::rolleyes:(y):geek:

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
I bought a Quadlock Stem mount knowing I have the Navigation Raised Bracket on its way from the UK to mount the Nav above the dash and be able to see it without looking down, this taking my eyes off the road.
I was told there is no way the Stem Mount would fit my bike due to the larger hole where the BMW Emblem fits and also no real mounting holes for the stem to lock into. That was the worst thing they could have told me as I was determined to make this work. Plus I have always used a combination of Ram mounts and Quad Lock to fit on all my other bikes. The R1200RS looked crappy, especially with my Barback and Raised bars. BMW have so many combinations of Handle Bars that make it a job and half to fit them to look close to the factory or as neat as they should be mounted from New. I pulled the emblem out and drilled a hole in BMW Emblem then made a cross bracket to fill the larger hole with a hole in the centre to allow me to have a nut and bolt set up to fit the mount on the handlebars. It worked a treat, not I have to wait for the raised navigation bracket to get here then to fit the navigation up and out of the way as there is no way to mount that with this set-up. I sort of knew that would be the case anyway. It just means no riding the bike until the bracket arrives and the car lives outside till then.
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Rim
Font Book Household hardware Auto part Electric blue

I am hoping this link on the Raised Navigation relocation bracket works. Aussie Max his a bit of a true Ozzy lol love his commentary lol.

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
Sometimes it pays to walk away have 3 or 4 coffees and come back to try something different. I managed to at least mount the Nav and Wireless charger as a temporary measure. Now at least I am able to ride the bike. It looks crappy but will work fine until the raised Nav mounting bracket comes as I don't really need the nav or phone while riding around town. Now the car can have its garage back and the bike can go to its usual place beside the garage and under its cover.
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering wheel Personal luxury car

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,324 Posts
Sometimes it pays to walk away have 3 or 4 coffees and come back to try something different. I managed to at least mount the Nav and Wireless charger as a temporary measure to at least be able to ride the bike. It looks crappy but will work fine until the raised Nav mounting bracket comes as I don't really need the nav or phone while riding around town. Now the car can have its garage back and the bike can go to its usual place beside the garage and under its cover.
View attachment 168964
Duct tape and zippy ties bud….fix anything 😁
On the upside, your little job there looks pretty good 👍

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,408 ·
Duct tape and zippy ties bud….fix anything 😁
On the upside, your little job there looks pretty good 👍
Daz, don't every let a sparky hear you call them zip ties, you will be berated for as long as you live, they're 'cable ties' my friend. I know this cause I was bagged for the same thing 🙂🙂

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,324 Posts
Daz, don't every let a sparky hear you call them zip ties, you will be berated for as long as you live, they're 'cable ties' my friend. I know this cause I was bagged for the same thing 🙂🙂
I am a refrigeration mechanic AB, Sparky’s never stop trying to berate us 😁, it is our greatest joy putting the puffed up plonkers back in their box 🤣

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
Footnote: When you make brackets don't drop them and that was 2 of them before I managed to secure the 3rd one lol I had to pull the fairings off today and reach around for the brackets. I lost and was wedged in between the frame and motor in a place that was almost impossible to find until I took the fairing off on both sides. This is one of the brackets but with about 45 mins searching I at least found them so no I just might post them on Gumtree lol.
Azure Sleeve Grass Denim Collar

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
I am sick of trying to see when the UK Royal mail is going to allow this bloody bracket out of the bloody country their web page tracking service said it was ready for departure on the 17th of August, but it is still sitting there. I could have swum the English Channel and back to Australia by this time lol. Well maybe across one of our farmers' local dams would be closer to my swimming strength. I should have had a friend in Europe get it for me she was a fantastic swimmer, but she had to be as she was a street walker in Venice. :unsure::cry::censored::rolleyes::geek:

·
Registered
164 Posts
So beautiful day here on the border so I joined a group of friendly riders and went riding. Started at Wodonga headedcto Mitta Mitta where the pub was closed for a private function. So off to the Dartmouth Dam pub for lunch. Opps forgot to snap my burger and Coke.
Quick ride up to the dam wall and boat ramp then back home along the north Mitta road to Eskdake, acrossvto Yabba road and stopped at Talkangatta for a coffee then home. A short 260km.
Meet a group of guys that have ridden with us before only to hear that one of them came off the road. No pics of his Thunderbird resting in the drain. He was sore across the chest but his head was OK as helmet took that bang and scrape. No pics of his bike or him out of respect for him.
Tire Cloud Sky Automotive tire Wheel

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Plant

Water Water resources Boat Plant Tree

Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Road surface

Wheel Cloud Tire Car Vehicle

Water Sky Cloud Mountain Vehicle

Plant Sky Cloud Plant community Ecoregion

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Cloud Water Sky Plant Mountain

Water Sky Cloud Vehicle Mountain

·
Upside Down
3,714 Posts
So beautiful day here on the border so I joined a group of friendly riders and went riding. Started at Wodonga headedcto Mitta Mitta where the pub was closed for a private function. So off to the Dartmouth Dam pub for lunch. Opps forgot to snap my burger and Coke.
Quick ride up to the dam wall and boat ramp then back home along the north Mitta road to Eskdake, acrossvto Yabba road and stopped at Talkangatta for a coffee then home. A short 260km.
Meet a group of guys that have ridden with us before only to hear that one of them came off the road. No pics of his Thunderbird resting in the drain. He was sore across the chest but his head was OK as helmet took that bang and scrape. No pics of his bike or him out of respect for him. View attachment 169068
View attachment 169069
View attachment 169061
View attachment 169067
View attachment 169063
View attachment 169065
View attachment 169064
View attachment 169066
View attachment 169062
View attachment 169060
Great Photos as an always big fellow you should be a professional photographer, I have not gone for a ride since I have been stuffing around with the bike and my back is still giving me some issues with my still recovering. sciatica etc. Not a great excuse but enough paint top stop me from riding for a few weeks to allow me to settle down. I had 2 days off work so back to the grindstone tomorrow. I am sure after pushing my share of the 100-plus bikes out in the morning I will be back on the floor flat out again lol. I went out to bunnings this afternoon and bought a new bag of cement to toughen up a little more. :cry::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,324 Posts
Meet a group of guys that have ridden with us before only to hear that one of them came off the road. No pics of his Thunderbird resting in the drain. He was sore across the chest but his head was OK as helmet took that bang and scrape. No pics of his bike or him out of respect for him. View attachment 169068
View attachment 169069
View attachment 169061
View attachment 169067
View attachment 169063
View attachment 169065
View attachment 169064
View attachment 169066
View attachment 169062
View attachment 169060
A mixed day out bud. Seems you spelt salad and water wrong?

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,324 Posts
I am sick of trying to see when the UK Royal mail is going to allow this bloody bracket out of the bloody country their web page tracking service said it was ready for departure on the 17th of August, but it is still sitting there. I could have swum the English Channel and back to Australia by this time lol. Well maybe across one of our farmers' local dams would be closer to my swimming strength. I should have had a friend in Europe get it for me she was a fantastic swimmer, but she had to be as she was a street walker in Venice. :unsure::cry::censored::rolleyes::geek:
Patience is a virtue 😁

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,128 Posts
We're at the confluence of 2 of Strayas greatest rivers (readers from other nations please remember we are a desert country so by comparison our rivers are creeks compared to some of yours) you can clearly see the different colours of the rivers.
Pic 1 also shows a Lock and a Weir.
View attachment 169071
View attachment 169072
View attachment 169073
I had to check, the Murray river is in the top 20 in length, but it’s only a trickle out to sea. Few factors for that, climate, irrigation and Fat New South Wales people swimming in it clogging it up.

·
Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,324 Posts
I had to check, the Murray river is in the top 20 in length, but it’s only a trickle out to sea. Few factors for that, climate, irrigation and Fat New South Wales people swimming in it clogging it up.
Greedy Queensland cotton farmers seem to hold a bit of the blame also

4401 - 4420 of 4727 Posts