BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
4541 - 4560 of 4606 Posts

·
Upside Down
3,679 Posts
I did some research today regarding my handlebars, I then called Dom. at Procycles to get some facts regarding the sore shoulders and neck pain from the RS bars even with my current pullback/riser bars. They still don't fix that issue on longer rides. He suggested the Wunderlich Handel Bar Conversion Kit part number 31000502. That sounded the same as Troy mentioned. No guarantee that this will do the job but it is a start and it looks as if by going down this parth it just might work out. so here is what I got in the conversion kit and a trade discount that helped ease the $$$ a little. One of the mechanics at work said he will fit them for me so that is saving on labour costs.
The only thing these will be Black as they are the only set on stock and apparently the Germans have discontinued the Silver as per the list below from their website.

This tube-style handlebar conversion replaces the stub handlebar of the RS with our exclusive and ergonomic yet sporty tube-style handlebar. The more upright seating position not only makes the RS much better for long-distance journeys, it also significantly improves handling.
The facts:
  • Ergonomically offset handlebar for optimum seating position
  • The original brake and clutch cables can continue to be used
  • Pre-drilled for easy fitting of the handlebar fittings
  • Aluminium tube-style handlebar with 32 mm diameter
  • Width / height / offset 798/100/172 mm
  • Brackets/small handlebar brackets included in delivery
  • Incl. adapter for attaching the original handlebar ends
  • Fine finish, pearl blasted
  • Available in black or silver
  • With ABE
White Black Automotive tire Vehicle Rim
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Arm Guitar accessory Human body Gesture Musical instrument accessory

My Current set up below.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Sky

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,552 ·
I did some research today regarding my handlebars, I then called Dom. at Procycles to get some facts regarding the sore shoulders and neck pain from the RS bars even with my current pullback/riser bars. They still don't fix that issue on longer rides. He suggested the Wunderlich Handel Bar Conversion Kit part number 31000502. That sounded the same as Troy mentioned. No guarantee that this will do the job but it is a start and it looks as if by going down this part it just might work out. so here is what I got in the conversion kit and a trade discount that helped ease the $$$ a little. One of the mechanics at work said he will fit them for me so that is saving on labour costs.
The only thing these will be Black as they are the only set on stock and apparently the Germans have discontinued the Silver as per the list below from their web site.

This tube-style handlebar conversion replaces the stub handlebar of the RS with our exclusive and ergonomic yet sporty tube-style handlebar. The more upright seating position not only makes the RS much better for long-distance journeys, it also significantly improves handling.
The facts:
  • Ergonomically offset handlebar for optimum seating position
  • The original brake and clutch cables can continue to be used
  • Pre-drilled for easy fitting of the handlebar fittings
  • Aluminium tube-style handlebar with 32 mm diameter
  • Width / height / offset 798/100/172 mm
  • Brackets/small handlebar brackets included in delivery
  • Incl. adapter for attaching the original handlebar ends
  • Fine finish, pearl blasted
  • Available in black or silver
  • With ABE
View attachment 170181 View attachment 170182 View attachment 170183
My Current set up below.

View attachment 170184 View attachment 170185
The new black bars look cool with a nice offset👍

·
No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,098 Posts
Yep she came on the first test ride, loves the seat and the whole seating position.
If the weather holds (which I don't think it will, 1 nice day in how long?) we will ride together tomorrow.
WOW, I had to re-read that. That’s a interesting 1st ride, I might start Dinking The Wife, I think it will take 2 rides to achieve what you did mate.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,558 ·
Great pics as per usual AB, congrats on the new ride. Personalized plate?
No mate, that's the plate that came on the bike, it's not new, had 4,800ks on it, came with a heap of goodies though -
Engine crash bars
Headlight guard
Full exhaust upgrade, + Cat removal
Sports muffler
Rear hugger
Front hugger
Rear luggage plate
Top box
Pivot pegs
Tyre valves with read out.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
No mate, that's the plate that came on the bike, it's not new, had 4,800ks on it, came with a heap of goodies though -
Engine crash bars
Headlight guard
Full exhaust upgrade, + Cat removal
Sports muffler
Rear hugger
Front hugger
Rear luggage plate
Top box
Pivot pegs
Tyre valves with read out.
I had to go looking for the front hugger, I’d never heard of such a thing. Do you mean those blue to valve caps with a readout up on the bars? Looks great mate.

4541 - 4560 of 4606 Posts