BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
5021 - 5040 of 5385 Posts

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
Got out yesterday with 1 of my nemesis's Mr Red XR. 1st 30 deg day here, since last summer
We got cracking 9:30am, come around a sharp corner " COPS " FCK " lights flashing on their BMW x5. Lucky they were doing Breath Tests and Lic Checks. They had a line of bikes Inc us. Tested then off we went.
Made a friend at Marysville Bakery, bloody bird was stealing my lunch out of my hand , had to break bits off or it would attack me.

The XR got a flat tyre up Lake Mountain, I had the kit and compressor in my K. Plugged, pumped up and took it easy back home
View attachment 172759 View attachment 172760 View attachment 172761
I wish you could leave the birds alone Damian, it is not nice breaking bits of the bird off to stop it from just having a feed.

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
Lunch ride with some mates, Oaks Hotel for lunch, out to Burragorang lookout, didn't stay long to many flies and kids around, then back across the pot holed filled southern highlands to the Robbo pie shop, quick coffee then down Mac pass to home.
View attachment 172772
View attachment 172771
View attachment 172770
View attachment 172773
Love the photos Troy and thanks for sharing them. I use to tell my American Tourist on the coach who complained about the flys around their face, the best way to keep flys away from yor face is to cut a hole in the arse of your pants.

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
I was lucky enough to catch up with Paul today, he is on his way down from Armidale to Sydney,
we managed to spend enough time checking out the new colour scheme of his wonderful GTL along with being able to chat.
I took the old girl out for a ride to meet with him as it may be the last ride I have on the RS if all goes to plan. I won't say any more about that until it happens. Shhhhhh Geoff quite please lol :whistle::rolleyes:
Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Cloud
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Smile Sleeve Plant Dress shirt Grass

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
Further to my statement above, I can now confirm that I will be the owner of a 2017 ( MY18 ) K1600 GT by this time next week. I managed to get my ex-boss to buy it for me today. He called me tonight asking if I would be happy with the deal we agreed to earlier today, as the bike has a brand-new 2022 engine and just ran in with the 1,000 km first service just being done to the bike after the previous owner had it replaced via BMW Australia. He told me he would buy the bike for his dealership if I did not want it as the new motor was a completely new engine worth approx $20.000.00 AUD., not a pull-down and repaired engine. I am paying $2,000.00 AUD plus registration stamp duty and transfers with plate swap. At that price, he is not making any $$ out of it as I was a valued employee. The bike is Blue so the boys up north in Queensland will be happy lol has a Top case colour coded the same as the colour of the bike. There is a bit of history with it in that the original motor was spewing out oil and after some two and throwing with BMW Australia and the original owner. BMW replaced the whole engine, not a rebuild then that engine did the same, BMW worked out it was from the same batch as the original engine in production from new.BMW then got another brand new complete 2022 engine over from Germany and replaced it with the current motor it has now only done 1,000kms and had the first service done this month as it is now run in. BMW Australia has also given a 2-year warranty on parts etc. My ex-boss wanted to know if I could live with it. ( Of course, I would be made to say no. ) both he and I could not see any issues as the bike has a brand-new engine plus 2 years warranty on the engine. I think I have won on this one, thanks to the ex-boss looking after me. I don't think it had anything to do with me threatening to burn his house down. lol if he could not pull the deal off for me lol. :D:ROFLMAO::unsure: I don't have the exact photo of the bike but it is the same as below with the exception of the BMW top case.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive tire

· No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,862 Posts
Further to my statement above, I can now confirm that I will be the owner of a 2017 ( MY18 ) K1600 GT by this time next week. I managed to get my ex-boss to buy it for me today. He called me a min ago asking if I would be happy with the deal due to the engine. He would buy the bike for his dealership if I did not want it as it is as good as new anyway. Plus the price he worked on for me is not making any $$ out of it. It is Blue to the boys up north in Queensland will be happy lol has a Top case. There is a bit of history with it in that the original motor was spewing out oil and after some to and throwing with BMW Australia they replaced the whole engine then that engine did the same so they got another one over from Germany and replaced it with the current 2022 motor it has now only done 1,000kms and had the first service done as it is now run in. BMW Australia has placed a 2-year warranty on parts etc. My ex-boss wanted to know if I could live with it. I can't see any issues as the bike has a brand-new engine that is under warranty for another 2 years. I think I won on this one thanks to the ex-boss looking after me. I don't think it had anything to do with me threatening to burn his house down if he could not pull the deal off for me lol. :D:ROFLMAO::unsure: I don't have the exact photo of the bike but it is the same as below with the exception of the BMW top case.
View attachment 172837
Well it was a big circle Geoff, but we are all happy you have landed here. Like the look of the GT in that colour scheme. Paint the topbox and we will be happy, you must please us you know

Now the fella floating around in the Snowy Mountains needs to get shopping and it’s all good again.

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
Well it was a big circle Geoff, but we are all happy you have landed here. Like the look of the GT in that colour scheme. Paint the topbox and we will be happy, you must please us you know

Now the fella floating around in the Snowy Mountains needs to get shopping and it’s all good again.
Damo, the Top case is a BMW OME Case, colour matched to the bike and also keyed so the remote and central locking work on all the locks etc. to me that is a big plus. Even tho the engine is the new 22 manufactured I don't have a reverse but as it was a full engine replacement and not a rebuild I am a happy camper.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
I thought reverse was introduced with the 2017 K16?
It was on some so you are correct but not on this one Heli. I never was a fan of the reverse on my 2020 GTL but if I had to park it where I could not pull the bike back it did come in handy. The 2017 GT had it as an option before being on the bike as part of the package etc, Then in 2018 the GT got reverse as part of the package, and the GTL only got the reverse here in Australia in 2019 as part of the full package If I remember correctly on the GTL it may have been an option up to 2020 when it was introduced as part of the deal.

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
Paul, called in to the dealership to check the bike out for me and also take a few photos. He reported that it is in near new condition with new Pirelli GT2 tyres. This makes me even more comfortable about the bike and I had a chance to chat with one of the master techs at my former workplace who confirmed that providing the bike has been serviced regularly and it has all its life then provided, I keep up the service then I should be able to get many more years out of the bike. Anyone that knows me can tell you how anal I am about looking after my bikes or cars. So nothing to really worry about. While I was chatting to my former boss I got a quote to insure the bike for an agreed $28,000.00 it came back at an extra $90.00 per year. So I am way in front should anything go wrong and I need to claim on that. Below are photos Paul sent me of the Bike that I should be on halfway through next week.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Photograph Fuel tank

· No Dinking!
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
4,862 Posts
Magoo ( Paul ) Can i request 1 thing ?

Next time your taking photos , " Can You Take Ya Bloody Fluro Off "
Look at the Screen Photo
And the Mirrors

I Looked Again also the Front Mud Guard

Geoff don't but it , I think those reflections are imprinted into the bike now. " Magoo is all over it "

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
Magoo ( Paul ) Can i request 1 thing ?

Next time your taking photos , " Can You Take Ya Bloody Fluro Off "
Look at the Screen Photo
And the Mirrors

I Looked Again also the Front Mud Guard

Geoff don't but it , I think those reflections are imprinted into the bike now. " Magoo is all over it "
Would that be some sort of reflection on Paul? Maybe a mirror image omg please no, one of him is enough. :geek::rolleyes: I am thinking I might look for a GTL seat or maybe go to MJM in Goulburn in the new year to have them do a custom seat. I want to do some km on the bike before I go any further as the GT seat just might work fine although my little legs might need to be stretched just a bit longer to be able to flat foot. Mind you I have test-ridden GT a month ago and it seemed fine. I am jumping ahead of myself but feel like a little kid at Christmas knowing I will have a bike that I can once again do the sort of long rides I love doing after being stupid in the past by selling both my 2018 R1200RT and 2019 K1600GTL
Damian, I have to admit I do love the Queensland spiritual leaders' Blue on this bike.

· Upside Down
4,184 Posts
Hey Geoff, was the bike that you've scored on BikeSales or was it an inside job.
Just remember to do 3 oil changes on it straight away just to be sure.
4 cans of white spray paint on the way up to you now.
It was one that I found on my many searches, it was only on the dealership's website and not on Bike sales. I saw the price it was advertised as $16,990.00 then spoke to my ex-boss about it as it looked good but sounded too good to be true. He did the research as he said he could prob. buy it wholesale on my behalf and work the deal for me.
Remember my spiritual adviser ( aka ) Anton loves Blue so this time I am staying with his advice as he is kinky about Blue for some reason:unsure::whistle: I trust that has completed the survey and cleared things up some. I have been looking for a bike that I can both afford and that I know I ride the long day that I used to do before I bought the R1200RS a shame as it is a nice bike but no good to me if I can't ride it all day without the pain between the shoulders and back of the neck. I know the bikes that work for me are the RTs and K1600s having owned both in the past so I just needed to find one that was priced right and in excellent condition as this bike is. I have not seen it in person but my ex-boss who is a dealer principal and buys bikes all the time does the research and checks out the ins and outs on my behalf. I trust him and he respects me as a former employee. Then Paul called into the dealership this morning on his way to Sydney to check it out take some photos for me regardless and gave me the thumbs up, then he confirmed the condition was great no marks etc. As we all know Paul is as anal as I am when it comes to looking after bikes.
I think from the photos you would agree it looks like it was cared for by the original owner.

· Premium Member
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
1,626 Posts
Good on you Geoff 👍 very happy you found what you really wanted. There is a rumour going around that you may be interested in swapping the standard seat to a low seat? If so, let me know 😊

5021 - 5040 of 5385 Posts