BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Adaminaby, lol Now some history for our overseas members. Adaminaby is a small town near the Snowy Mountains north-west of Cooma, New South Wales, Australia, in the Snowy Monaro Regional Council. The historic town, of 301 people at the 2016 census, is a trout fishing centre and winter sports destination situated at 1,017 metres above sea level.
I am sure we all will sleep much better now we all know that bit of useless info lol :unsure:
It also home to some of our dead relo's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like a bonza trip ol mate and good pics.
Is it still (80kph) on the M1 Coffs to Ballina. Over the last 6 months I rode Cooma to the Goldy twice in the pissing rain and that section of hyway (135ks of roadworks) was all 60 and 80ks, to say it was fooking punishing is being way too nice.
Baz
Hi Baz
A new 40klm 110kph section has recently been opened from Glenugie bypassing Grafton altogether. I also travelled on that section late last year on a Adventure Ride to raise funds to Down Syndrome NSW which ended at Maclean - it was a **** ride to say the least. There has also been other sections recently opened as well so hopefully your next ride to the Gold Coast wil be much more enjoyable.
Paul

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi again Baz - Would that be the wind farm near Nimmitabel ?
If so, I recall seeing it on our visit down that way in 2016 - seems like yesterday just don't quite know where 4 years have gone lol
My father in law is a "Gun Shearer" known as "The Bald Eagle" inducted as # 10 into the Shearer's Hall of Fame in Hay a few years ago now. He was with us on that visit which took in Berridale, Dalgety, Cooma, Bungarbie and others, not necessarily in that order.
Great part of our wonderful country which I look forward to visiting again soon.
Thanks for the photo's :)
Paul

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Hi Paul, yep the wind farm is called Boco Rock, runs along the ridge not far out of Nimitabell towards Bungargy, that pic was taken at about the mid point along the ridge. Often that country is dead and brown but at the moment it's bloody beaudiful. There's another road near there that runs back to Cooma through Bobundara, it's a rippa.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Hey Y'all, stirred up some dust for about 120ks today in my local area. The first 2 pics are 10 mins from home, great day for it.
C'mon Donna peel a few layers off that wad of bills you probably have under the mattress and get that adventure bike you were talking about and we'll go chew some gravel, great fun. 😆🤣
Baz
20201103_104742.jpg

20201103_151718.jpg

20201103_151252.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great pic's Baz - especially the one above - wonderful contrast of colours in there ✅
I might have to have a big look at this as well after trading my Honda CB500XA on the K1600 - whilst I'm very much enjoying the touring capabilities, I went through some very sloppy / muddy road works the other day and found the K1600 difficult to control in those conditions especially with the fook'in water truck in front of me and the deranged driver decided to turn on the water spray all well knowing that I was behind....
From what I can see from your photo's, those gravel roads are the sort that I also enjoy. I'm not into fire-trails with huge boulders to climb over or go under....I don't have that experience.
Cheers
Paul

·
Preema
1,057 Posts
Hey Y'all, stirred up some dust for about 120ks today in my local area. The first 2 pics are 10 mins from home, great day for it.
C'mon Donna peel a few layers off that wad of bills you probably have under the mattress and get that adventure bike you were talking about and we'll go chew some gravel, great fun. 😆🤣
Baz
Oh I wish... I’ll have to wait about 12 months. It’s tough being a single mum.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm sure there are people in some countries that may be willing to offer you some reasonable coin for the kids, food for thought, just sayin🤣😆👌

·
Preema
1,057 Posts
I'm sure there are people in some countries that may be willing to offer you some reasonable coin for the kids, food for thought, just sayin🤣😆👌
Don't worry, I've already priced them... Not worth much on the second hand market, but worth a small fortune chopped up for parts 😇

Reactions: Magoo222

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Good thinking, maximise your return, are you thinking of a 'job lot' or 1 at a time so they recognise one is missing...

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's just absolutely beautiful looking country there Baz - I'm very envious of you right now. Mother nature has surely turned it on for the southern part of the state 😁

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hi fellow Ausies, heading off Sat morning with a mate for a week away camping on the bikes, catch ya on da flip side.
Baz

·
Upside Down
1,650 Posts
Hi fellow Ausies, heading off Sat morning with a mate for a week away camping on the bikes, catch ya on da flip side.
Baz
Looking forward to your great photos, Baz have a great weekend and be safe the weather forecast seems to be on your side.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Not just the weekend ol mate, it's the whole week. Book yaself a session at Specsavers 🙂😁🤣

41 - 60 of 95 Posts