BMW K1600 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #62
I went for a quick fang on my sports bike this arv, this is a short vid of me hitting one of the roundabouts near home 馃榿
I prob didn't post the link properly either, if not, I'm happy for another lesson.
Baz

Registered
Discussion Starter #63
Jeez, I was expecting all sorts of crap from you lot about the post above, stuff like, yeah sure, get ya hand off it, no roundabouts near me look like that, ya dreamin son! - but nothing!!
Awesome footage though, amazing skill, love the bike races hey...

Upside Down
We thought you might have been burnt out after your Quick Fang lol. along with posting the photos above takes a lot out of us old folk.

Reactions: Adventureboy

Registered
Discussion Starter #65
Dear fellow Ausies, and others I guess if others look at our page. Because there are so many great off road tracks in my area and I love being out in the peace and quiet I tend to ride my GS more often than my GTL, so the question is, are you ok with me posting GS scenery pics or would you rather I just stick with K16 pics n posts?
Baz
20201117_192826.jpg

20201117_192905.jpg

Preema
Just wait until I get my GS... ;)

And next time you're on a roundabout, keep your elbow off the rumble strips. The bruising can be nasty...

Registered
Discussion Starter #68
Anyone throw a leg over, their bike that is, today?
I had a cupla hours on the pushy this morning, I also test rode an electric mountain bike ($7.5k sheesh) which was interesting, and had a 100k fang on the 16hundy.
It's really warming up in the South now.
Baz
20191204_094029.jpg

Registered
It's been a **** of a year with redundancy, bushfires, Covid etc. Even missed out on my annual sojourne down to PI for the MotoGP, Adelaide to Merimbula (via The Scenic Route) and join the crew to ride down the coast and spend the week on the island grrrr.
A good ride would have helped things a bit but Covid has just stuffed things up even more over here in SA.

Just love riding your roads over there, the mountains are awesome.

Registered
Discussion Starter #70
Hi Spud, I know the spot where your bike's parked very very well, I lived in Jindabyne for 35yrs so a trip down the Alpine Way was a regular run, along with plenty of other routes as well of course. Jindy to Tallangatta is a great ride and a nice overnight trip.
I rode to PI for the MotoGP and Superbikes for many years, the pic is of my BoxerCup packed ready to leave for the Island a few years back.
Baz
BCR 2.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #71
Just wait until I get my GS... ;)

And next time you're on a roundabout, keep your elbow off the rumble strips. The bruising can be nasty...
Donna when you decide to rob the bank (I have a balaclava you can borrow) Triumph are producing a slightly lower spec, also cheaper, adventure bike called the Tiger 850 sport, if they bring it to Straya it may be something to consider, looks like it will be a good thing.
Baz

Registered
Hi Spud, I know the spot where your bike's parked very very well, I lived in Jindabyne for 35yrs so a trip down the Alpine Way was a regular run, along with plenty of other routes as well of course. Jindy to Tallangatta is a great ride and a nice overnight trip.
I rode to PI for the MotoGP and Superbikes for many years, the pic is of my BoxerCup packed ready to leave for the Island a few years back.
Baz
View attachment 147527
What a beautiful machine!

Registered
Discussion Starter #74
Headed out for lunch with a mate on his F6B and took another 200ks worth of rubber off the tyres today. It's still lush and green in most areas but starting to brown-off.
Shitty pic but it's not easy to take one with the phone while riding 馃か
20201122_114331.jpg

Registered
Took a small run (380Klm return) up to The Birthplace of our Nation on Thursday - also took in The Australian Standing Stones at Glen Innes

Really great to get up close & personal with these stones - they are a lot bigger than they are depicted in the photo

Stopped here for a pic and had a retired paramedic pull up behind me for a chat - he offered to take the pic for me which I gladly accepted.
Not often I'm in the frame, I'm usually the one taking 'em.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts