BMW K1600 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Baz - I can see that you are being well looked after and are getting visit's from one of our own - Great work Donna, if I was closer I would have tried to visit you as well before being locked up somewhere wth COVID restrictions. As it is, I'm on my homeward leg of a nearly 2K trip to visit my son's / wives & partners and eleven-teen grandchildren & 2 great grandchildren - **** I must be an old fart - Today I departed Hillston for Lake Cargelligo / Condobolin / Parkes and into Dubbo tonight after getting absolutely drowned at Parkes around midday - I've managed to dry out the WWG for tomorrow for the final leg back to Armidale.
In keeping with "things BIG" I thought I'd shove this one in there, just for Baz's amusement as he recovers from his "Training Wheel Failure" - A reaching for the stars if you will :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the theme of "big things" I rode to Strathgordon in Tassies SW for New Year- about 4 hrs each way from home. Lakes Pedder and Gordon are linked by a canal and together are the largest water storage's (lakes) in Oz- (Lake Gordon is biggest lake in its own right). Roughly 37 Syd Harbour's (to use our accepted measurement of largeness for water.lol). The dam was the highest of its type in the Southern hemisphere when built. You can bungee jump the dam wall (if your insane!).

Awesome place and great to see a number of bikes there (Chalet was fully booked last night).
thumbnail_IMG_20201231_142642465_HDR.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20201231_144403450_HDR.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20201231_155238885_HDR.jpg

(I have no idea how to add extra pics and hope this post works out?) Not good to see a member is banged up (get well soon Adventure Boy). Wishing all a great 2021- stay upright and stay safe

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Nice story mate and a great trip by the sound of it. I'm having the training wheel replaced as we speak but struggling to find a new handlebar tassel to match the original. I love Lake Cargelligo, camped there many times including only recently.
20200909_113407.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Tested the kidney today, did a 120k loop through Jindabyne.
My kido was a tad happier when I switched the suspension back from Sport to Comfort. Twaz nice to be back on the big K again, just don't tell my Doc 😉.
Baz

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #127

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Ac, re the tassel, Donna has a lot to answer for, although her version of my stack still makes me laugh, she's a nut case.
Where abouts do you live?
Im in Launceston Tas at mo mate. But am looking to head for SE QLD in mid Feb to make a new start. Seems most people on Aussie K forum are 100% genuine- Nice to see and hoping to meet some of them in person. Take care

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
High country in Straya turning from green to brown.
The body of water you can see is a small part what's called Lake Eucumbene, this is a 'working lake' being part of the Snowy Mountains Hydro Electric Scheme. In Australia we often measure lake volume/capacity in what's affectionately know as Syd Harbs, 1 Syd Harb is the calculated volume of Sydney Harbour, Lake Eucumbene has a volume of 9 Syd Harbs, she's a big man created body of water.
View attachment 148097
Stopped on the way home for a chat with some of my 4 legged friends.
View attachment 148098
After your chat with the 4 legged friends, I hope you Moooved on. ;)

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
So here are a few from rides I have done in the last 12 months or so.
Excuse my ugly mug in some
You have to love our wonderful country, thanks to both you and Baz for fantastic photos.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Nicely composed Donna, I just love a wordsmith, I will dispose of your lifeless body tomorrow down the laundry chute!
You just have to COP it on the Chin lol .

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Jeez Geoff, you really like to PUNish us with all your quips 🤪😁
I like the idea of being light-hearted as long as it does not hurt anyone. I have a weird sense of humour but that comes from my childhood, I hope we can all arrange a ride together get to know all of the Australian members that we can manage to enjoy our love of bikes and life.

Reactions: Adventureboy

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Tested the kidney today, did a 120k loop through Jindabyne.
My kido was a tad happier when I switched the suspension back from Sport to Comfort. Twaz nice to be back on the big K again, just don't tell my Doc 😉.
Baz
OMG I have already spoken to your Doctor Baz. wow just go to your next appointment and slide into the chair and listen to what he has to say. :confused::cool::censored::cry:(y)
cartoon-doctor-patient-examination-by-260nw-350917517.jpg
Unknown.jpeg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I suspect he'll say I've overdone it but I feel ok so I'll just tell him I've been chillaxing by the pool 😉

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Baz, I spotted you when I did a short ride today and just managed to get your photo as you whizzed past. Donna was correct about your training wheels , but I had no idea they were so large.
6779b90a92e0dffc51ec5342fe75ebed.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Baz, I spotted you when I did a short ride today and just managed to get your photo as you whizzed past. Donna was correct about your training wheels , but I had no idea they were so large.
View attachment 148702
That is me broski, the bike doesn't look much but had the engine Blue Printed, bigger valves, sports exhaust and a gearing change, she hauls ass man, it really uses the full 1.5hp now, it mono's everywhere 😁😏

121 - 140 of 142 Posts