BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how this will effect parts shipments, but it can't be good for people waiting on parts from The Fatherland

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds like it's just travel, not commerce. The more interesting ramification is the fate of the Defender 2020 exercise. A huge amount of NATO forces are supposed to meet up in Germany and Poland to conduct training together. First exercise of this kind since the REFORGER days.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
With a major reduction in planes traveling between Europe and the USA it only makes sense that the supply of parts will slow. Not stop, just slow. Add all the caution regarding this virus, it's a perfect storm.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
We're just getting started. NBA season suspended, no crowds at NCAA tournament, colleges shutting down and transferring over to online-only courses...I don't disagree that these are not necessary measures, but I think we are going to see much more. The fatality numbers are still really indeterminent, but I think it is easy to say this thing is very contagious. Syenny and I had our initial wedding plans dashed by the venue going bankrupt at the beginning of February, now I think our backup spot might possibly be shut down if there are restrictions of gatherings of something like 250 or more. I had initially suggested just a small, personal ceremony on a beach in Hawaii or in front of a waterfall... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
If people can't travel from Europe to the USA then there is not much point flying from USA to Europe to use an empty aircraft on return

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
As of this minute, the travel restriction isn't for US Nationals, it's to keep others out of the US.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A year of planning and accumulating money. Tickets bought. 12 brothers from my club. For most, the first visit to the US.
Scheduled for the first half of June.
The role of Road Captain is difficult these days. Return tickets? Wait for the situation to normalize?
This is how it was supposed to look like.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I hope you have travel insurance, or the ability to delay the event, I can't see that travel will be allowed currently

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
@MrocznyTMC I hope it all works out for you. Looks like an epic ride. I have visions of a European tour one day materializing for me. But, I feel like the pandemic panic is only beginning. Hold on...going to be bumpy ride. God help us all.

On a side note...if the press isn't concerned about the government restricting our movements to prevent the spread of the virus...how would they feel if the government restricted their ability to broadcast to prevent the spread of the anxiety and fear?

·
Registered
8 Posts
On a side note...if the press isn't concerned about the government restricting our movements to prevent the spread of the virus...how would they feel if the government restricted their ability to broadcast to prevent the spread of the anxiety and fear?
true

·
Registered
177 Posts
But not from UK and Ireland... so..
Go to London from Paris, Berlin, Warsaw... etc, and then go to US :) So, where is the logic?
funny, but stupidity. All or nothing Mr President
Your US Passport will show where you’ve been and if you’ve tried to circumvent the travel ban.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I think pockets of infection will pop up for months, they don't think they will have a treatment until December, either everyone will get fed up hiding from it or accept that most of us will probably catch a variant at some stage. The best barometer would be to watch what is happening in Italy, and see what the timelines are. Whilst infections have been classed as high, 50% odd have already recovered

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your US Passport will show where you’ve been and if you’ve tried to circumvent the travel ban.
You right. Now i read more, that flights from UK, and Ireland are not for citizens of Schengen Zone (not all of EU members are in Schengen Zone - this is zone where citizens can moving without passport and border control). But still for citizens from UK, where is now few hundred infected. And, how today said UK Prime Minister this is start.

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
A year of planning and accumulating money. Tickets bought. 12 brothers from my club. For most, the first visit to the US.
Scheduled for the first half of June.
The role of Road Captain is difficult these days. Return tickets? Wait for the situation to normalize?
This is how it was supposed to look like. View attachment 140356
They say its starting wane in china, where it all started what.. a month ago. I wouldnt change or cancel anything. Come June this hysteria (which I believe is mostly politically driven) will be a distant memory.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It seems under control in China, but that could be due to drastic measures taken to contain rather than it just running its natural course. It is time to take things seriously.

On the bright side, riding my GTL doesn't increase risk of coronavirus infection. I have started using the provided gas mitts when fueling. Prudence does not equal paranoia.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Impact on parts availability might be affected by factory closures all over the place - can't work from home to make motorcycle parts. I haven't heard about factory shutdowns other than in China, but wouldn't be surprised to see some.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts