Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This poll is intended for UK riders who require/required the recall work to be carried out.
Kits are being sent out to dealers, although this seems sporadic, and this poll will share and inform those affected.
This poll will close after 90 days when hopefully everyone has had the recall work completed and it has long been forgotten.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bytio1,
Good to hear it, hope the ride is not too wet for you tomorrow.
Do you fancy joining us on the summer group ride in north wales?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the work done Friday and Saturday by ocean in Plymouth picking up Wednesday as having tyres fitted as well, will let you know how I get on

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Just collected mine today after recall work, they do not change the oil just top up if needed, I cant tell and difference from before, so all is well

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the right recall? They mentioned it last November when I put the bike in for a service and said they would do it and I said fine, saves me a trip. So I can't remember what it was for, but I've not had anything through the post, so assumed all is well - my bike is a Dec 15.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure if this is the right recall? They mentioned it last November when I put the bike in for a service and said they would do it and I said fine, saves me a trip. So I can't remember what it was for, but I've not had anything through the post, so assumed all is well - my bike is a Dec 15.
According to the UK gov site it includes 2015 onwards so I would check with your dealer

Reactions: jesim1

·
Registered
479 Posts
Mine has been done, now waiting for some decent weather to go for a decent ride and make sure it is OK.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great to see 8 out of 17 in the poll so far have been completed.
I know there are a lot more that have been done outside the Poll.
When your recall work has been done why not give your dealer a mention so we can see which dealers arei making a positive impact.
Shame I can’t yet because I am still waiting for parts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well mine is done, and BMW have graciously offered £150 compensation! I'll be discussing with my finance company for them to take the bike back, not impressed with BMW. The dealer (Chester Motorrad) have been very good, but BMW are a joke.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Has anyone here had the recall work completed by Williams BMW Manchester yet? Be interested to know how it went.

·
Registered
5 Posts
got the recall notice 28th oct , had no contact from dealership , called bmw financial services , then an hour later got a call from dealership saying mid dec for parts.
its now march , no word from dealer so i went in and asked what was happening , they said they had a few repair kits in but were waiting on a tool from bmw arriving ( MD maybe lol ) .
I asked if i was in the 4 kits to be fixed and was told "we've got more than just you bike to fix !" .
also told bike fine to ride regardless of the recall notice warning of a critical incident , they also said they arent selling new ones but i can still ride my bike..yes watch me do that !!!

In hands of trading standards now , attitude shocking

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got the recall notice 28th oct , had no contact from dealership , called bmw financial services , then an hour later got a call from dealership saying mid dec for parts.
its now march , no word from dealer so i went in and asked what was happening , they said they had a few repair kits in but were waiting on a tool from bmw arriving ( MD maybe lol ) .
I asked if i was in the 4 kits to be fixed and was told "we've got more than just you bike to fix !" .
also told bike fine to ride regardless of the recall notice warning of a critical incident , they also said they arent selling new ones but i can still ride my bike..yes watch me do that !!!

In hands of trading standards now , attitude shocking
Cs247,
Who is your dealer?
You are not alone (not that that helps you)
It seems to be a bit of a lottery. Some dealers have completed over 20 recalls and some less than a handful.
Gov site says there are 1070 in the UK subject to this recall so could take quite some time to get sorted yet.
If you are one of the lucky ones ‘what’s the problem’, if you have a cavalier attitude and continue to ride (thinking it only happened to one bike in 20,000) ‘what’s the problem’ but if you are like the rest of us WTF. Dealers left in the lurch and expected to deal with sorting out the best they can do and BMW obviously do not care about customers once they have sold the bike to you.
I think this one will go down in history as how not to deal with a recall BMW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cs247,
Who is your dealer?
You are not alone (not that that helps you)
It seems to be a bit of a lottery. Some dealers have completed over 20 recalls and some less than a handful.
Gov site says there are 1070 in the UK subject to this recall so could take quite some time to get sorted yet.
If you are one of the lucky ones ‘what’s the problem’, if you have a cavalier attitude and continue to ride (thinking it only happened to one bike in 20,000) ‘what’s the problem’ but if you are like the rest of us WTF. Dealers left in the lurch and expected to deal with sorting out the best they can do and BMW obviously do not care about customers once they have sold the bike to you.
I think this one will go down in history as how not to deal with a recall BMW.
hi andy , ill leave the dealer out of this at present due to possible litigation proceedings if BMW FS dont take action within 14 days.

have to say though , that this is my 5th bike from same dealer , only since manager was changed mid last year its been downhill in the place. Had a previous bike with what looked like acid damage on brand new bike , took it in for photos to be sent to bmw and dealer had bike for 9 weeks and i got it back like someone had ridden it through a field and put 2400 miles on it , which they denied and i couldnt prove.... hopefully this trading standards will put a rocket up them there , as for the general attitude of "we've got other bikes to fix not just yours ! " , yes thats correct but no contact in 5 months while still paying a monthly sum isnt good enough !
:(

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi andy , ill leave the dealer out of this at present due to possible litigation proceedings if BMW FS dont take action within 14 days.

have to say though , that this is my 5th bike from same dealer , only since manager was changed mid last year its been downhill in the place. Had a previous bike with what looked like acid damage on brand new bike , took it in for photos to be sent to bmw and dealer had bike for 9 weeks and i got it back like someone had ridden it through a field and put 2400 miles on it , which they denied and i couldnt prove.... hopefully this trading standards will put a rocket up them there , as for the general attitude of "we've got other bikes to fix not just yours ! " , yes thats correct but no contact in 5 months while still paying a monthly sum isnt good enough !
:(
Just go back to BMW FS and tell them to sort it, that is one of the advantages of having finance. I said if I did have my bike fixed ready for the 1st of March they could have the bike back and I'll have all of my money back. Bike was fixed on the 26th Feb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just go back to BMW FS and tell them to sort it, that is one of the advantages of having finance. I said if I did have my bike fixed ready for the 1st of March they could have the bike back and I'll have all of my money back. Bike was fixed on the 26th Feb.
Trading standards have said no , theyve had almost 6 months to sort , hand it back and goto another dealership . I said what if i gave them more time to fix , again TS said no get that dealership sorted out and walk away ... they have a point :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been complaining to my dealer and BMW Customer Services. Today Customer Services emailed me to say my dealer now has the parts for my bike!
So I am now one of the happy ones (almost).
I will update the recall poll when the work has been completed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just had a great ride back from my dealer.
Thanks to Matt and the guys at Dick Lovett, Bristol who completed the recall and service and goodwill contribution kindly received.
It’s great having my K1600 back. Brakes feel fantastic after change of brake fluid and gearbox runs smooth including reverse.????

Reactions: Dave W and st13phil
1 - 20 of 40 Posts