BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DESCRIPTION
Uni-Go Touring Motorcycle Trailer. Gloss black in color and shines like a diamond. Tracks perfectly inline with your bike. You won’t even know it’s behind you...seriously...can’t feel it at all. I have driven 80 mph down the highway and there is no sign you are pulling anything. Absolutely no change in mileage and you can turn as sharply as you like and she stays right in your wake. It’s capacity is huge, and when you get to your hotel or campsite at night, you just quickly unhitch and roll it into your room or tent. I also have a K1600GTL hitch ($525 new) I will throw in for a price.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Might help if you say where your located. What year is your Unigo, how long have you had it, etc.

Duane

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
@AZK1600GTL , why? You can get an adapter to make the Unigo work with a ball type hitch. As a matter of fact, it would be easier to have a local welder make/reenforce an adapter than buying from Unigo. The Unigo adapter requires stiffening.

Duane

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
@AZK1600GTL , why? You can get an adapter to make the Unigo work with a ball type hitch. As a matter of fact, it would be easier to have a local welder make/reenforce an adapter than buying from Unigo. The Unigo adapter requires stiffening.

Duane
My hitch is a Bustec and it has a Heim Joint type receiver. I'd have to constantly remove the Heim joint and replace it with a ball. Way too much trouble.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might help if you say where your located. What year is your Unigo, how long have you had it, etc.

Duane
Thanks Duane - I am in northern IL and the trailer is a 2015 model year. It came with the 2014 GTL I purchased last fall. I purchased the bike in Sept and I pulled the trailer home and I don't think I will ever use it. It pulls like a dream and the capacity is surprisingly large.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Hey AZK1600GTL - like I said, I will have no use for the hitch if I sell the trailer. Obviously, the wiring will be included.
I also have a bustech trailer that I like, I tow my Dog in it. I need to call Todd at Bushtech tomorrow and see if they can make a receiver for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DESCRIPTION
Uni-Go Touring Motorcycle Trailer. Gloss black in color and shines like a diamond. Tracks perfectly inline with your bike. You won’t even know it’s behind you...seriously...can’t feel it at all. I have driven 80 mph down the highway and there is no sign you are pulling anything. Absolutely no change in mileage and you can turn as sharply as you like and she stays right in your wake. It’s capacity is huge, and when you get to your hotel or campsite at night, you just quickly unhitch and roll it into your room or tent. I also have a K1600GTL hitch ($525 new) I will throw in for a price.
Where are you located and is it still available.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Dave - sent you an email to your preferred address, but yes, it is still available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DESCRIPTION
If the trailer is still available please contact me at [email protected] or 2059661779 ASAP please

·
Registered
9 Posts
2FA41316-C144-4B85-A184-790362D421BB.jpeg C22EED61-C0EF-4779-B1A7-97CD3F1814A3.jpeg
My hitch is a Bustec and it has a Heim Joint type receiver. I'd have to constantly remove the Heim joint and replace it with a ball. Way too much trouble.
I built an adapter from Unigo to standard ball or Heim joint from spare parts around the garage, works like a charm, I have Unigo and Bushtec. Both pull extremely well at almost any speed. I will attach photos.

C22EED61-C0EF-4779-B1A7-97CD3F1814A3.jpeg 2FA41316-C144-4B85-A184-790362D421BB.jpeg C22EED61-C0EF-4779-B1A7-97CD3F1814A3.jpeg 72F0A5ED-6357-400D-B142-1CBBEFB6F01D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
View attachment 141114 View attachment 141115
I built an adapter from Unigo to standard ball or Heim joint from spare parts around the garage, works like a charm, I have Unigo and Bushtec. Both pull extremely well at almost any speed. I will attach photos. View attachment 141114

View attachment 141115 View attachment 141114 View attachment 141115 View attachment 141116
Thanks for the pictures. If I buy a uni-go, I'll have to have one made up for me. Great work!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts