BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2014 K1600 gtl with 23000 miles on the clock, it has a full bmw service history with the last one done 3 months ago, unfortunately it wasn’t bought from a bmw franchise dealership but I would like to take out a used bike warranty for my peace of mind, looks like loads of companies out there, but are there any people here that have used warranty providers before and would fully recommend.
Many thanks

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
You can just stop in at your local BMW dealer and ask them to add an extended warranty plan to your bike. They have several plan options for varying lengths of time (years) from different companies at different prices. Word of caution if they mention RPMONE............... RUN.

·
Mr.Fix It
6,886 Posts
Afraid you're going to be SOL... The extended warranty companies normally won't write a policy unless the bike is still under factory warranty.

Duane

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I also picked up a low mileage '14 with a couple of years ago, original intention was to clean it up and quickly flip it, the bike has been a dream and quickly fell into the "keeper" side of the garage -- the first thing I did is support the group with a lifetime membership-(least expensive education I'll ever receive), it's been so much better than any extended warranty-- I've been able to swap the tires, battery do my own oil and final drive changes as well as R&R most of the plastic (to thoroughly clean the machine) with the support and experience of this group--The only thing I still need is the GS 911 so that I can reset the service reminder and if any fault codes or issues come up I can easily diagnose and repair on my own. This forum has been a tremendous help for me, a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
281 Posts
In the UK there are only a few companies that offer extended warranty. I have used Warranty Direct, but BMW's own was the cheapest.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have no experience of them but you could get a quote from warrantydirect.co.uk but I suggest you look very carefully at their policy documents. I don’t think 3rd party warranty cover provides recovery and only provide garages they approve to carry out repairs so so have to get your bike to them (cost in addition to warranty payment)

Reactions: Robs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts