BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with the kit which turns them into Running Lights? How hard to do the conversion? Results?

Thanks,

3hawks

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Plug and play -- they're about as simple as it gets.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Plug and play -- they're about as simple as it gets.
Almost...the connection to the lights is plug&play but you need a power source for the module to drive the lights when the turn signals are off. There are a few ways to get that but that isn't exactly plug&play.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Almost...the connection to the lights is plug&play but you need a power source for the module to drive the lights when the turn signals are off. There are a few ways to get that but that isn't exactly plug&play.
That's true but Clearwater furnishes the Posi-tap connector and decent instructions. I'd put this mod at about a 3 on a 10 point difficulty scale.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
@3hawks .... Just type BETSY in the search box at top of this page. You'll get lots of "hits".

I installed it on my B and it was straightforward but I wouldn't suggest it unless you are comfortable removing the side panels and dealing with the fairly minor electrical taps.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The Clearwater kit looks to be drop-dead simple. I haven't installed it, but I do have the Darla and BIllie Brake lights and I can say that Clearwater stuff is expensive, but high quality and easy to install with excellent instructions and customer support.

You can also build your own kit with normally closed relays. See this thread: Yellow / Amber Driving Lights

1 - 7 of 7 Posts