BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This virus thing is beginning to concern me. It has the potential screwing up my summer riding if it continues to escalate.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Riding solo or two-up on a motorcycle is way, way safer, infectious disease-wise, than being cooped up in an airplane or cruise ship with hundreds or thousands of potential carriers.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
The issue will likely be that many places are shut or restricted. From what I'm seeing the deaths are related to weakened immune systems, very much like flu and to any of us we can't tell what is a cold, flu or covid-19, all viral.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
This virus thing is beginning to concern me. It has the potential screwing up my summer riding if it continues to escalate.
If you look at the odds of a problem, they are extremely low. Stay away from China and your good to go :)

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I hope my weekend immune system can tolerate it :)
I'm not sure anyone wants to see PLAGUE involved in this conversation. Seems more than a little apocalyptic. :oops:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I truly have a weakened immune system and almost everything has the possibility of harming my health. I don't panic any more than anyone else who thinks things through logically. wash your hands, keep your distance from folks who you might brush up against, don't be near anyone who might be coughing and just use your head.
Don't allow these things to change your life

·
Registered
678 Posts
Only the strong shall survive, the weak shall parish. Salm 32

·
Registered
222 Posts
To those who think this is a "mere" inconvenience, I say good luck. I have a 3 month trip planned to Europe, landing in Venice.. They (Italy) has the highest numbers of the Coronavirus. They also have blocked over 650K people in a danger section. I'm playing it by ear and if things don't get better, I'm NOT riding. Since it's NOT only in "China. I also have a trip in April/May to Spain and Portugal, and that may be canceled as well. I have a weakened system, so not gambling on my part.

·
Registered
385 Posts
How can I take my GA to China? Roads are clear, only rats you need to worry about. You can probably set your cruise control only ONE time cross country. Sounds super to me. In regards to Bluemoon virus, no worries ! That one will be handled like any other virus. It is 2020. Happy riding and wash your hands minimum 20 seconds and do not forget the soap ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I usually go to bike week every year in Daytona. You have a lot of people from all over the world attend that event. But I'm going to pass this year.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
More people will probably get struck by lightning this week in the US, than people getting this virus, and yet the media have made it sound like the world is coming to an end.

7.7 billion people in the world and approximately 82,000 cases of this virus, meaning 99.999989% of the world's population doesn't have it. (That's if my arithmetic is correct. Long division was never my forte.)

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I'm not sure anyone wants to see PLAGUE involved in this conversation. Seems more than a little apocalyptic. :oops:
Well, sure, but he's bacterial, see, and the new corona is viral.

Plus, if the Plague comes your way, you can fight him off by dressing like this:

Plague Doctor Costume.jpg

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Edit below: I mistakenly typed 25% of the US population died...I meant to type 25% of the US population contracted the flu. That is a huge error, please forgive that big mistake:

If it does not mutate, the death rate from this virus appears to be very low. That said, there are still a lot of questions out there that have not been definitively answered, such as how long the virus remains active on a given surface...last I read, anywhere from several hours up to 72 hours. This is longer than the typical flu. It also appears to be more contagious than the typical flu and a person seems to be contagious for a couple of days before even showing symptoms. This makes it rather difficult to contain. The 1918 Spanish flu mortality rate was 2.5% for the second wave of the virus, which had mutated from the more benign first wave. About 25% of the US population contracted the Spanish Flu and the worldwide death toll exceeded that of World War I. This coronavirus may never mutate, may not reach the mortality rate of even the regular flu, but we certainly have many more ways to spread it today than what they had in 1918...the biggest driver back then was probably soldiers returning home. You probably don't need to be altering your lifestyle or stressing about it today, but you may want to keep an eye out for long term travel plans, as different sectors across the globe could possibly go through some shutdown periods.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Well, I did read one source that speculated that it was created in a Wuhan laboratory....Life imitates art?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts