BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Outta This World
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has upgraded from a NAV IV to a NAV VI and had to replace the dash plastic with the version that has the larger opening for the NAV VI, I am looking for the older, used NAV IV dash piece for an upcoming project. Yes, I could order from BMW but the project probably won't work out so I would rather waste just time than time and a perfectly good part. If there is anyone in Canada that has that NAV IV dash please let me know, I am insterested.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have one...but in US. It's sitting around taking space, ppl usually want the newer one, not the old one so i figured I have it until I sold the bike (and stuff it on the bag).

Make me a reasonable offer, plus shipping and it's yours.

CJ

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Come on Chris pay it forward and give it to the guy. Those Canadians get ripped off all the time buying stuff in the US and then paying customs duty taxes and with the exchange rate it's even worse.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Come on Chris pay it forward and give it to the guy. Those Canadians get ripped off all the time buying stuff in the US and then paying customs duty taxes and with the exchange rate it's even worse.
Way to call me out JIM! OK...he pays shipping. It's not like I'm gonna put in a Nav IV back in.

Reactions: AZK1600GTL

·
Outta This World
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Chris, Thanks for the kind offer. I am still holding out for one of my northern comrades to cut down on duties but would be willing to pay shipping from the US as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ok let me know, no experience sending stuff to the wild north. I'll put the address on it and take it to the post office, unless UPS or FedEx is better. You tell me and I'll send it, you pay whatever it costs. PM me if you want to proceed.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I send things to Canada all the time and the Post Office is by far the cheapest. There is form that has to be filled out but the clerks will usually help you do that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Good to know...in the box and ready.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Watch out for the USPS. They are really sloooow right now. I shipped some items to guy and took 3 weeks and few phone calls to find out what was going on. I mailed the box on July 14 and he just got it yesterday August 1st. I am hearing other stories about the USPS...none of them good.

·
Outta This World
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
USPS has been slow but makes canada post look really bad right now. Shipping from the amazon warehouse (about an hours drive) took a week.

I am not really in a hurry anyhow as this is a late fall project but thanks for the heads up. @Booger Man

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Watch out for the USPS. They are really sloooow right now. I shipped some items to guy and took 3 weeks and few phone calls to find out what was going on. I mailed the box on July 14 and he just got it yesterday August 1st. I am hearing other stories about the USPS...none of them good.
Were you shipping out of the US or within? My little packages, that I send here in the US, usually arrive on time or a day early all across this great nation of ours. Ones going to Canada do take a few weeks to arrive.

Edit: I just tracked one from last week and it arrived 2 days late. Hmmm.

·
Outta This World
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Chris has already offered to send one up from the states for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Were you shipping out of the US or within? My little packages, that I send here in the US, usually arrive on time or a day early all across this great nation of ours. Ones going to Canada do take a few weeks to arrive.

Edit: I just tracked one from last week and it arrived 2 days late. Hmmm.
From where I live outside of StL to around Hartford CT. It sat in StL for few days then to Memphis for 10 days. My locate PO had o call Memphis and ask what was happening? I was told Priority Mail is even slower.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts