BMW K1600 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
A poster used to be able to make adjustments to the type of Font & Size. This feature is GONE????

Best,

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,268 Posts
The editor is in general more limited. I haven't tried playing around with BB code to see if there is a way around those limitations. Somethings are much better like @mention is now real-time as you type.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Can you give me the full page screenshot so I can see where you are seeing this, please?

- Cricket
Apparently when I search the forum. The results include advertisements. Pretty sure I know how to use Google and do not need results outside of the forum.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I wasn't digging the unfriendly glaring institutional WHITE but the dark mode feature made this tolerable again! Well done for all of the thoughtful features and consideration that went into this. Thank you.

·
Administrator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Apparently when I search the forum. The results include advertisements. Pretty sure I know how to use Google and do not need results outside of the forum.
I sent in a report on this.

I wasn't digging the unfriendly glaring institutional WHITE but the dark mode feature made this tolerable again! Well done for all of the thoughtful features and consideration that went into this. Thank you.
I have to admit I definitely prefer the dark mode.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
The problem with white background is not with the white. It's with the text color. It's grey instead of black lowering the contrast and making it hard on the eyes.
...and tiny. So dàmn tiny.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts

Well it's easy to make the font bigger. Windows lets you do that.
#1. Not using Windows.
#2. Making system fonts larger makes EVERYTHING bigger. I am not bind, just do not feel like sitting six inches from my tablet to read a forum that has been easily readable up until now.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
#1. Not using Windows.
#2. Making system fonts larger makes EVERYTHING bigger. I am not bind, just do not feel like sitting six inches from my tablet to read a forum that has been easily readable up until now.
I cant see a thing you typed in dark mode.. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I cant see a thing you typed in dark mode.. LOL
Hahaha... So there is a downside to using the color=#000000 code, eh?

😀

Here is is again in the most legible color combination available (assuming you are still in dark mode)

#1. Not using Windows.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
#1. Not using Windows.
1. You didn't specify
2. No I'm not changing the system fonts. It does not make everything bigger, just the current browser window, not even the other windows. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
1. You didn't specify
2. No I'm not changing the system fonts. It does not make everything bigger, just the current browser window, not even the other windows. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you. ;)
a. Shouldn't need to. The point size on the old system was just fine. No scaling necessary.

β. Please do explain how to increase the point size for just this site¹ using Firefox on an Android tablet

¹Seeing as how this is the only site I visit with this issue. 😝

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
a. Shouldn't need to. The point size on the old system was just fine. No scaling necessary.

β. Please do explain how to increase the point size for just this site¹ using Firefox on an Android tablet

¹Seeing as how this is the only site I visit with this issue. 😝
I don't use a tablet but have you tried pinch and spread? lol

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Now you sound like my AME.... :ROFLMAO:
I tried the site on my android tablet and using FF. Mine did not want to paint the page in mobile mode. I change to Desktop then back and it switched. Not too bad after that. Have you tried switching display modes to desktop and then back to mobile?

If you can see the crap in the right column then you are not in mobile mode.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I tried the site on my android tablet and using FF. Mine did not want to paint the page in mobile mode. I change to Desktop then back and it switched. Not too bad after that. Have you tried switching display modes to desktop and then back to mobile?

If you can see the crap in the right column then you are not in mobile mode.
99% of the sites I visit are visited in Desktop Mode. Somehow this one escaped the conversion even though I always have a tab open to it...

Although I still see crap on the right side in both modes, Desktop mode does make the text larger and very readable.

Thank you. 😘

61 - 80 of 129 Posts