BMW K1600 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

Premium Member
P.S. going back to Mobile mode shrinks the text back to tiny size again.

Premium Member
Weird, the right column stuff is not visible at all for me in mobile mode. The overall site looks better in mobile mode for me too

Premium Member
Weird, the right column stuff is not visible at all for me in mobile mode. The overall site looks better in mobile mode for me too
The difference in the text size within the messages between the two modes is slight, but significant enough to make a big difference. As for the stuff on the right... Would be nice for it to not be there thereby allowing more room for actual content.

When the Admins announced we were changing to a different Xenforo I was really hoping they would go with the same one running PoA. MUCH better UI than either this or the previous one we were using and it makes full use of the screen real estate for actual content.

Registered
Have you tried chrome, under accesibilty they have a text size slider that increases the size, ff doesn't, im on android phone

Premium Member
Have you tried chrome, under accesibilty they have a text size slider that increases the size, ff doesn't, im on android phone
I will not use Chrome on any device for any reason. Had it on a work laptop a few years ago. Decided I did not much care for it so I tried to "Uninstall" it from the Windows system. At the end of the install process, I was informed there were files and folders that could not be removed by the automated system and needed to be removed manually. When I tracked down the folders referenced I was unable to delete them or even view their contents because when Chrome created them, it used illegal characters. Funny thing was, it was obvious that Google was still using those folders (as witness by the attribute flags) LONG after Chrome had supposedly been removed.

Registered
I got this today:
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Joe

Premium Member
Still very sloooow to load. Once in a while it is real fast but next attempt a few minutes later is slow again. It is not my comp or operating system or connection. Eliminated all that. Looks like there is a boatload of stuff loading evry time you click a link.

Premium Member
Under the New Posts tab you can't pick up where you left off reading a thread it always takes you to post #1 but under the Popular tab when you click on the thread title it will take you to where you last stopped reading which is fine. The thing I don't like is when you are done reading that thread you have to click on the New bubble at the top then click on Popular again to find the next thread to read. That's 2 steps just to get back to the listing. If the secondary tabs (New Posts, Popular, New Showcase, New Gallery etc) were always available you could just click on Popular, like the old way where the Active Posts tab was always showing.

Never mind, I just found the Read More at the very bottom of each Popular thread and it takes me right back to the listing.

Registered
The constant ads embedded in threads and are made to look like normal thread responses are annoying as ****.

Premium Member
Am I correct in stating that the only way to locate my own posts now is to use the Search feature?

On the old platform, I could click on my console and I could see all the threads that I started, the threads that I participated in , likes, etc., all in one spot.

Premium Member
Am I correct in stating that the only way to locate my own posts now is to use the Search feature?

On the old platform, I could click on my console and I could see all the threads that I started, the threads that I participated in , likes, etc., all in one spot.
Clicky on yer icon on top right. Select "My Profile". Clicky on "Discussions"

Administrator
Discussion Starter #94
Still very sloooow to load. Once in a while it is real fast but next attempt a few minutes later is slow again. It is not my comp or operating system or connection. Eliminated all that. Looks like there is a boatload of stuff loading evry time you click a link.
Today, things seem to be loading much quicker. Are you still having site speed issues today?

Under the New Posts tab you can't pick up where you left off reading a thread it always takes you to post #1 but under the Popular tab when you click on the thread title it will take you to where you last stopped reading which is fine. The thing I don't like is when you are done reading that thread you have to click on the New bubble at the top then click on Popular again to find the next thread to read. That's 2 steps just to get back to the listing. If the secondary tabs (New Posts, Popular, New Showcase, New Gallery etc) were always available you could just click on Popular, like the old way where the Active Posts tab was always showing.

Never mind, I just found the Read More at the very bottom of each Popular thread and it takes me right back to the listing.
Let me know if I can help.

The constant ads embedded in threads and are made to look like normal thread responses are annoying as ****.
Thank you for your feedback on the advertising layout. We aim to integrate the ads in the most seamless way to ensure that it does not block content and can be easily scrolled past if the offer or product is not something of interest to you.

While the complete removal of ads is difficult, ads help support the cost of operating the community, we are always looking at ways to optimize the balance between advertising and content. We are working with our development teams to also introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming months that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

How To Find Your Content

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner of the site, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select 鈥渕y profile鈥.

Click on the number below discussions.

You can also click your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select following.

On the following page, click on My Discussions.

- Cricket

Premium Member
There are times where we do a post and then a little later decide to delete that post. I can't seem to find where I can delete a post of mine.

Also how do you delete an item in your "showcase item" in your Profile?

Previously I would click on a thread title and it would go to page one instead of the last page I read. It now take me to the last page I read. Perhaps with the new format it kind of had to "reload" as I read them again.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #97
There are times where we do a post and then a little later decide to delete that post. I can't seem to find where I can delete a post of mine.

Also how do you delete an item in your "showcase item" in your Profile?

Previously I would click on a thread title and it would go to page one instead of the last page I read. It now take me to the last page I read. Perhaps with the new format it kind of had to "reload" as I read them again.
I couldn't find a way to delete threads. The closest I could come is removing all text and changing to 'ignore this'
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance. If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people鈥檚 posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

Premium Member
@administrator : site is loading quicker today, let's see if it holds.

Premium Member
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance. If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people鈥檚 posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket
So how do I delete an item in the "showcase" in my profile? I have a picture and write up on a car that I don't own anymore. Do I have to have an Admin do that too? Sounds kind of controlling to me if so.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts