BMW K1600 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Administrator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
So how do I delete an item in the "showcase" in my profile? I have a picture and write up on a car that I don't own anymore. Do I have to have an Admin do that too? Sounds kind of controlling to me if so.
You can edit your showcase to add new information as needed.

How To Edit Showcase

To edit a Showcase, click on your Avatar in the top right-hand corner and select “My Showcase”

Click on the title or image of the Showcase that you want to edit. Scroll to the bottom, and above comments you will see the Share options and a three-dot menu icon. Click the 3 vertical dots.

From the drop-down menu that opens, select “Edit item”.

From here, you will be brought to the editor used to create the Showcase. Make changes or add content as needed. Before clicking “Save” at the bottom, you may add a checkmark to post as an update if you are working on an ongoing Showcase, such as might be the case for projects, to alert your followers.

If you want to change the cover photo, click the 3 vertical dots again.

From the drop-down menu that opens, select “Set cover image”.

A popup will display the images within your showcase.

Click to add a dot to the one you want as the cover and click save.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
I've gone through that ladder and see where I can edit but not where I can delete. The best I can do is remove the picture of the car but now it shows up in the gallery as a blank instead of being completely gone.

·
Administrator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I've gone through that ladder and see where I can edit but not where I can delete. The best I can do is remove the picture of the car but now it shows up in the gallery as a blank instead of being completely gone.
I can remove it completely for you if you don't want to replace it with new information.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
Yes remove the 2015 GMC Acadia info completely. Again why can't we delete our own items?

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Site is still seriously slow. One page will load in a second or two and then I get a bunch between 5 and 10 secs.

www.k1600forum.com
Trackers Blocked: 2
Requests Modified: 0
Page Load: 7.18 secs

·
Administrator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Site is still seriously slow. One page will load in a second or two and then I get a bunch between 5 and 10 secs.

www.k1600forum.com
Trackers Blocked: 2
Requests Modified: 0
Page Load: 7.18 secs
I haven't experienced slowness today. Let me do some checking and get this reported.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
The showcase has been removed.

Basically, not deleting content is about thread integrity and causing broken links on the site.

- Cricket
Thanks, Now can you delete the KLR 650 Kawasaki in my showcase too. I no longer own that motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
My visits to the site have decreased bu 80%.
The new GUI is too busy, bloated and difficult to get used to.
Suggest allowing those who want to go to a more 'Classic' mode.

·
Administrator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
My visits to the site have decreased bu 80%.
The new GUI is too busy, bloated and difficult to get used to.
Suggest allowing those who want to go to a more 'Classic' mode.
There isn't a classic mode because this is a new platform.

Let me know what I can help you find.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I do like the dark mode option.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
@administrator
When in the reply screen, why wont the quotes I used a week ago disappear?
Seems they shouldnt overlap from one thread reply to another. They stay in the "insert quotes" box.

Also,
Why is it when I start a new paragraph the software wont atomically capitalize the first character of the sentence. I dont have this problem anywhere else but here. Its been a problem since the update. I should also note that it does automatically capitalize the first character after a period... just not a new paragraph.

strange.
real strange.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Seems they shouldnt overlap from one thread reply to another. They stay in the "insert quotes" box.
Click on the "Insert Quotes" button, then click on the trashcan.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
May also be a "Draft" from a reply you started but never posted.

In that case, delete the draft...

·
Administrator
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
@administrator

Also,
Why is it when I start a new paragraph the software wont atomically capitalize the first character of the sentence. I dont have this problem anywhere else but here. Its been a problem since the update. I should also note that it does automatically capitalize the first character after a period... just not a new paragraph.

strange.
real strange.
The forum doesn't actually have a spell check built-in. That is usually a browser feature.

Also, when it comes to quotes, it depends on which button you have clicked.

How To Quote

When you see a post that you want to quote, click the reply button on that post. It will automatically add the quoted content to the content area where you can add your reply/comments following the code.

How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor.

Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
Why doesn't our home location show up under the Avatar picture? I looked at my Profile and it's listed there but it doesn't show up in a thread post. This feature has been very helpful in the past. If this question has been answered please direct me to that answer.

Never mind. I just figured out if you put the cursor on the little flag under the Avatar a pop up shows the persons home location, if they put it in their profile.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
What kinda nonsense is this?

·
Premium Member
5,698 Posts
Here is a new question. A week ago (+ -) it seemed like the Banner at the top of the page (the one with the red and silver bike and the NEW balloon stayed stationary while I scrolled down. That made it easy to go up and click on the NEW balloon when I was done reading a thread instead of scrolling to the top to get to the NEW balloon.

Was that something this forum set up did or was it something my computer did? I would like to see that working all the time.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts