BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a little ride to SoCal for a birthday party, and took the scenic route.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
John, you are going to wear that thing out. Besides, you made us all want new blue ones....Chris and Kevin, white one and black one, me, just a gray one.....you just keep making us envious.....>:)

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
nice ride. (the bike and the route). Depending on your direction of travel you took a left or a right down there at the bottom right before it gets ugly through Oxnard. :) Just the other side of that is some nice riding but not nearly as nice as the route up through Santa Barbara. 33->166 used to be a nice alternative to the 126->5 route to get to from the central valley. Love the color of the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Very cool color....but GTL seat with a backrest on a GT is unforgivable:smile:

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool color....but GTL seat with a backrest on a GT is unforgivable:smile:
Hysterical. That's left over from my GTL, and I don't like to use the stock tan seat. It's at the top of the list to figure out the right saddle this winter.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Nice having Hwy 1 open all the way again, right? Looks like you went right by my neighborhood.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice having Hwy 1 open all the way again, right? Looks like you went right by my neighborhood.
Yes it is. I try to get on it a few times each summer. Maybe once more in 3 or 4 weeks.

Where do all the convertible Mustangs come from? Seems like every other car. Must be a rental outfit.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lightened up for the twisties:

- Installed the low seat in place of the RDL
- Installed GT shield in place of 7Jurock
- Removed backrest
- Sans bags.

This ride and the pics convinced me to shed the chrome cannons. The GPR slip-ons are less horrendously priced than the others. Maybe another impulse buy soon.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That Blue Planet is similar to the Ebony Metallic in that it looks gloss black in some light, but color and sparkle come on in direct sunlight. Magnificent!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I gotta say...the cans are starting to bother me as well. Didn't before, but they're starting to.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My sons and I did that trip last summer in a box. Looking forward to getting back out there to do it how you did it. Well done sir.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Took a little ride to SoCal for a birthday party, and took the scenic route.

Awesome ride, done it several times and it never gets old...one benefit to living out here in CA.

Looks like you have the Ram ball, socket arm, Wunderlich, Ram X-Grip set up?? I just installed the same for an upcoming cross country trip in June. Took it out for a brief ride this weekend, seems stable. How is it for the long haul? Any issue? TKS.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome ride, done it several times and it never gets old...one benefit to living out here in CA.

Looks like you have the Ram ball, socket arm, Wunderlich, Ram X-Grip set up?? I just installed the same for an upcoming cross country trip in June. Took it out for a brief ride this weekend, seems stable. How is it for the long haul? Any issue? TKS.
I'm originally from the L.A./O.C. areas, so I mix family visits with trips up and down the coast. The ocean is religion for most of us kids from Cali.

The Wunderlich et al setup is actually very solid all around. The only issue is that the phone can be a visual impediment for some of the dash. But not so much that I'm spending any time searching for an alternative at this point.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I'm originally from the L.A./O.C. areas, so I mix family visits with trips up and down the coast. The ocean is religion for most of us kids from Cali.

The Wunderlich et al setup is actually very solid all around. The only issue is that the phone can be a visual impediment for some of the dash. But not so much that I'm spending any time searching for an alternative at this point.

I get that visual impediment thing with the set up...I was hesitant to go that route but then turned the phone horizontal and that visual problem diminished greatly. Sits nicely, centered, as if custom made for the bike! Cannot tell if you place your phone vertical or horizontal.

I grew up in Chicago...gives me reason to visit family on the mighty K.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts