BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around the forum and some motorcycle accessory websites, but no joy.
I can't even remember where I saw it last- maybe here- maybe elsewhere.
It's looks like a short bar that clamps to the frame in front of the rear tire and it's acts as a lift point? but because of it's lower position on the frame, it is suppose to make it easier to get the bike on it's centerstand.

I've decided I want one, but I can't remember who has it.
I'm clueless- some say in more ways than one. :unsure:

Also, any ideas for something similar that could be a DIY alternative?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This?

Thanks Lucky. I forgot about wunderlich. I guess I also forgot how pricey it is. Definitely would be interested in an alternative. Maybe I'll reach out to a local machine shop.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Why do you want one? If it's to lift the bike on the center stand then I would suggest that you save your time/money/effort. You should have no trouble getting the bike on the center stand as is. There's a bunch of videos out there on technique and some threads here.

If it's for another reason then belay my last...lol

james

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've looked around the forum and some motorcycle accessory websites, but no joy.
I can't even remember where I saw it last- maybe here- maybe elsewhere.
It's looks like a short bar that clamps to the frame in front of the rear tire and it's acts as a lift point? but because of it's lower position on the frame, it is suppose to make it easier to get the bike on it's centerstand.

I've decided I want one, but I can't remember who has it.
I'm clueless- some say in more ways than one. :unsure:

Also, any ideas for something similar that could be a DIY alternative?
Wunderlich has it, I know what ur talking about. I already ordered it, definitely easier pull the bike onto the center stand

·
Registered
49 Posts
I found I can easily get the bike on the center stand with the suspension set for 2-up with luggage. If I have been riding in 1-up, I switch to 2-up w/luggage upon returning home and can easily put bike on center stand. It's worth a try before investing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts