BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there different hand grip that provides cushion without restricting the heat transfer from the heated grips? Can you get an integrated hand palm for the hand grip for a GTL?

Reactions: tracvision

·
Registered
201 Posts
Grip Puppies for me! They do lessen the heat function, as there is 1/4" or 1/8" of foam to get through, but they feel great, get hot enough for me (down to 30 degrees once) and they are priced right. I don't remember if they were $10 or $14.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have been very satisfied with Grip Buddies.
The owner used to be one of our vendor/supporters.
Not sure what he's up to now.
But this thread reminded me that I could use another pair.

Joe

·
Registered
416 Posts
I used to out a pair of standard BMW ribbed grips on my previous non-BMW bikes, but I have grip puppies on my K1600GT. Really like them.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I've always hated the 1 inch diameter grips that are standard on these bikes, so................... I purchased some o-rings 1 1/16 inside diameter and 3/16 wide and came up with this ..................... Now the grips are 1 1/2 inch diameter and much more comfortable. I bought a package of 50 from Grainger.com for about $15, you'll need to use 44 of them.

IMG_0898.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ditto on the Grip Puppies - several bikes for several years.

·
Premium Member
6,708 Posts
Jim, what did you have me buy?
Yep Grip Puppies. I used a little shaving cream on the inside for lubrication. It ends up drying sticky. To remove them a shot of compressed air underneath will expand them while pulling them off.

Reactions: ViennaK

·
International Man of Mystery
3,611 Posts
Grip puppies now and before that beemerbuddies.

·
International Man of Mystery
3,611 Posts
Yep Grip Puppies. I used a little shaving cream on the inside for lubrication. It ends up drying sticky. To remove them a shot of compressed air underneath will expand them while pulling them off.
Used some soap, dried up nicely and no slipping. Then the rain came.....next time I take way less soap. :)

Reactions: MrBreeze

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I plan to buy the Grip Puppies as soon as Amazon restocks. I watched a install video, the guy used an air compressor with hose nozzle. Went on very easy, no water or soap.

Reactions: Jonnybow

·
Registered
78 Posts
Are there different hand grip that provides cushion without restricting the heat transfer from the heated grips? Can you get an integrated hand palm for the hand grip for a GTL?
I use the Beemer Buddies. They were a little easier for me to put on vs the Grip Puppies, but both very similar.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Either I'm missing something, it's out of stock until Mar 3!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts