BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a new gig that has me running up and down 880 and 101 in Northern California a couple of times a week. If I had this guy's sense of humor, my heart would have exploded already.

It reminds me of how regional our attitudes end up being. I don't know where South Windsor is, exactly, but it must be far from here. A few weeks back I had the good fortune to take a vacation in Spain. I've been splitting lanes on California freeways for years, three of them with the amazing precision of a K1600GT. I've gotten bold - often thinking I might be overdoing it a little. The folks in Barcelona on scooters made me look like a complete wimp. Nobody over there would have bothered even honking a horn at that maneuver (though they do like to honk), much less wasting a peace officer's time with it.

Let it go, dude. If half of the motorists you've passed had cameras, that attitude, and that kind of access to patrol officers, what would _your_ life look like, exactly? We've all met folks on the road who aren't thinking about two-wheelers or even common courtesy. How you react measures you, and your odds of keeping the rubber right-side down when stuff happens.

However, I can't speak for what one should expect in South Windsor. Perhaps there, anxious children with fast motorcycles and Go-Pros deserve some coddling.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts