BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a very techy person; in fact, I hold a couple of degrees in IT, but after two months of tinkering with the Nav system on my brand new 32K USD beast of a motorcycle (I love it despite my complaints) - I have concluded along with you my fellow "forum-ners" that the nav system SUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKSSSS!!!!!!

I'm hoping the Bavarians can redeem themselves soon by giving us a software upgrade to dump the Connected App and give us Apple/Android Play. In the meantime, I've given up!

I see that the Wunderlich handlebar extension post is the way to go.

What's your favorite attachment for the phone?

I have an iPhone-13 without a cover, and I'd like to keep it that way.

·
Registered
86 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
n/a
Short trips, I just keep it in my pocket. Jacket or pants, doesn’t matter. But I understand pants pocket sorta blocks a clear signal between the phone and TFT.

Long trips, I do like the dedicated compartment up top. If only it was easier to use.

But I do have a Ram mount that I’ll end up using just so I can do Waze. I’ll snap a photo in a bit.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
4000 Mi
According to my dealer they upgraded a bike yesterday, but it took 6 hours. As I'm busy using the bike and the sat nav is now working (touch wood) even before I leave my drive, I'm ignoring the upgrade. I have V40, I'm told 50 is worse. If you have 50 an upgrade might help you. You can check here

White Light Product Motor vehicle Automotive design

My phone is in my cockpit bag and a cable runs from the USB in the compartment to inside my cockpit bag and the setup is very reliable ATM. I often just put in cockpit bag without connecting. I literally have not opened that compartment since my 3rd day of ownership.

Luggage and bags Bag Hood Textile Grey

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I use Arizona Jim's mount with a Ram ball setup and the "Perfect Squeeze" phone mount. Pricy but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
8,083 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
Quadlock with one of my Ramball mounts in place of the BMW roundel in the steering head for my iPhone 13. I know you mentioned you didn't want a case but the Quadlock case is fairly thin and robust. I added some Quadlock adhesive buttons to my car dashes and I like having a dedicated spot for the phone in those vehicles.

Quadlock has a vibration dampener available (as seen in my pictures) that other phone holders don't have. iPhone cameras are prone to failure do to vibrations (I had one of mine fail). If you just don't want a case for your phone I've pictured a couple other holders. Be aware they can compromise the side buttons on your phone.

Attachments

Reactions: K-RoadRunner-1600

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quadlock with one of my Ramball mounts in place of the BMW roundel in the steering head for my iPhone 13. I know you mentioned you didn't want a case but the Quadlock case is fairly thin and robust. I added some Quadlock adhesive buttons to my car dashes and I like having a dedicated spot for the phone in those vehicles.

Quadlock has a vibration dampener available (as seen in my pictures) that other phone holders don't have. iPhone cameras are prone to failure do to vibrations (I had one of mine fail). If you just don't want a case for your phone I've pictured a couple other holders. Be aware they can compromise the side buttons on your phone.
Wow! that BMW insignia comes off! And you can mount things there? I'm blown away, I didn't know you could do that.

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
745 Posts
I use my Note 10+ without a case most of the time and pop it in the case when I am using the quadlock. It's pretty easy to pop the case on and off. That's how much I like the quadlock with wireless charging!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts