BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my battery died so I took the core to interstate battery. They didn’t have exactly what I had, but did have the same size but less amp hours. Last battery was rated at 21 amp hours, this battery is rated 18 amp hours. Identical case and fits great. Salesman laughed and said they sell these for wheel chairs.

Any thoughts on longevity with the K1600? It’s starts better than ever now and is back to new.

·
Upside Down
1,629 Posts
I hope you never run out of Juice. lol. :cool::unsure:(y)
orange-juice-mascot-running-vector-260nw-1336841735.jpg

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey everyone, my battery died so I took the core to interstate battery. They didn’t have exactly what I had, but did have the same size but less amp hours. Last battery was rated at 21 amp hours, this battery is rated 18 amp hours. Identical case and fits great. Salesman laughed and said they sell these for wheel chairs.

Any thoughts on longevity with the K1600? It’s starts better than ever now and is back to new.
May be too late; I would never install a battery "type" that is designed for reserve and not for cranking in my scooter...............in other words why would you put an emergency lighting battery in an application that requires a starting battery? Why would you put a starting battery in an emergency lighting application????? You wouldn't and shouldn't!
Hopefully grasshopper and by now you have purchased the CORRECT battery for your scooter!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
May be too late; I would never install a battery "type" that is designed for reserve and not for cranking in my scooter...............in other words why would you put an emergency lighting battery in an application that requires a starting battery? Why would you put a starting battery in an emergency lighting application????? You wouldn't and shouldn't!
Hopefully grasshopper and by now you have purchased the CORRECT battery for your scooter!
That’s a good point, I’ll check to see if this is a deep cycle battery. I will say, no problems to this point so far. I’ll find the specs and update you all.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I thought the stock K16 batteries were Gel, not AGM. Very different charge profiles. The proper OEM battery can be ordered on Amazon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I were to use this for now, do you see it harming anything? My thoughts are it just won’t last as long. Correct?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts