1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Firing squads are pretty cheap. Especially considering the number of volunteers that would be lining up to help.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Kalifornia justice for you...everybody is a "victim" including the perpetrator. In Alabama (in most jurisdictions) this would have been Murder. Reckless and/or Intentional. 20yrs minimum with a mandate to serve 85% of it due to it being a "crime of violence." Road rage is an intentional act. Chasing someone down is an intentional act. The result was death...that's reckless behavior as to the resulting death at the very LEAST!

·
Mr.Fix It
7,569 Posts
Small price to pay for murder!

Duane

Reactions: rush21122

·
Texas Thorn
2,405 Posts
Yeah, I don't get the Involuntary Manslaughter conviction. That would for an accident where she was reckless. This seemed intentional, and should be a murder charge...............:mad:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I just looked up the maximum charge for involuntary manslaughter in California: "voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, and. vehicular manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter generally leads to a felony conviction which may be punished by a term of imprisonment for two, three, or four years in county jail or state prison."

I'm not saying 6 years is close to being justified in this situation but it looks like they didn't show much leniency with the laws provided.

·
Mr.Fix It
7,569 Posts
News article says the road rage incident went on for a while with speeds upward of 90 mph. Is there a lesson here for all of us?

Duane

Reactions: KCMO Steve

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
News article says the road rage incident went on for a while with speeds upward of 90 mph. Is there a lesson here for all of us?

Duane
I think it may have been worse for her if he hadn't kicked her door.
But, if he hadn't kicked her door, she may not have killed him.
Lesson?

Reactions: equipmentdude

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
This reinforces to avoid road rage at all costs. Nothing good will come from trying to correct someones bad driving.

Duane
And it doesn't matter how tough you are, against a car you're going to lose... every time.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had a case of road rage on an interstate about 3 years ago (a woman ran us off the road and then laughed when we pulled along side her) and as I was "forcing her to pull over" so my wife could have a "chat" with her, I (finally) realized in no way was I capable of forcing a car to pull over with a bike and what I was probably doing was forcing her to hurt us out of fear. I quickly sped up and got out of there and have not even considered reacting that way on the bike since. Just accept what happens (realize it WILL happen again), be glad you are ok and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would have tossed away the key

Unfortunately there are a lot of very sick people wandering free and many of them think using a vehicle as a weapon is perfectly fine, as long as it's not being used against them anyway. No matter how "right" you are the outcome of any altercation is almost always going to be bad for you and no matter what happens you are not going to change anything about how that other person behaves. Even getting lucky and somehow the other guy is arrested isn't going to do it. If I remember the original story right this woman had a restraining order against her at one time because she tried to run over an old boyfriend. I would put money down that she's been in a lot of unreported road rage events in her short driving career. I wonder how that raging attitude is going to work out for her in prison? Not well is my guess, not well at all.

The best option for dealing with a road raging cage driver is to...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts